Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eliott Bennett - Returns for a Month

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Sorry - although he was a great player for us and I really enjoyed watching him........
it is never a good idea to go back - either for him, or us. It wouldn't work out!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorry - although he was a great player for us and I really enjoyed watching him........
it is never a good idea to go back - either for him, or us. It wouldn't work out!

Agree,he left for a reason,let it be and find something else,he is quality he could be ok for us again,but i'm in agreement with this post-smacks of desperation to me...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A wind-up, surely?

Getting Bennett back would be fantastic, such a good attacking player!

He is worth £3m all day long,we sold him cheap,i just don't feel us paying out money for him would be a wise move,he wanted out and for that i would question his desire were he to return,that said until injured Croft's did not do so bad and he could be a key player this season,i'll stand by my comment..

Perhaps we could make a cheeky bid for Forest's Reid,only a year left on his contract i think,or maybe near neighbour's Derby's will Hughes,he's young and been there a while,time for a change maybe,there are players out there...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He is worth £3m all day long,we sold him cheap,i just don't feel us paying out money for him would be a wise move,he wanted out and for that i would question his desire were he to return,that said until injured Croft's did not do so bad and he could be a key player this season,i'll stand by my comment..

I think you're being a bit harsh on Bennett, the kid was playing in League One and was offered Premier League football, he could have joined Norwich in the January when they were flying in the Championship, but he stated to help us get promotion and then left. He didn't pull any dirty tricks like Bridcutt and as has always come across as a top professional. I'd imagine whoever Bennett plays for he gives it his all. Personally I'd love to see him back as he is completely different to all of the midfielders we currently have, he's the segue from midfield to attack.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think you're being a bit harsh on Bennett, the kid was playing in League One and was offered Premier League football, he could have joined Norwich in the January when they were flying in the Championship, but he stated to help us get promotion and then left. He didn't pull any dirty tricks like Bridcutt and as has always come across as a top professional. I'd imagine whoever Bennett plays for he gives it his all. Personally I'd love to see him back as he is completely different to all of the midfielders we currently have, he's the segue from midfield to attack.

Pretty much agree with this, although he did throw his toys out of the pram and demand a transfer when we told Norwich to do one initially. Only settled down when he was promised a move in the summer. But he did knuckle down and help us out of L1. :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Perhaps i am,can we afford £3m though.

Pretty much agree with this, although he did throw his toys out of the pram and demand a transfer when we told Norwich to do one initially. Only settled down when he was promised a move in the summer. But he did knuckle down and help us out of L1. :)

He did and that side of him i appreciate..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Perhaps we could make a cheeky bid for Forest's Reid,only a year left on his contract i think,or maybe near neighbour's Derby's will Hughes,he's young and been there a while,time for a change maybe,there are players out there...

Are you serious about Hughes? He's just signed a long term deal to stave off interest from Premier League clubs. The bidding will start at £10 million plus when he does leave.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Are you serious about Hughes? He's just signed a long term deal to stave off interest from Premier League clubs. The bidding will start at £10 million plus when he does leave.

We missed the boat then,still perhaps he is one for the future,when we get promoted :lolol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I adore Benno. I'd love to see him hack in the stripes. Perhaps £4m is a touch high though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would surprise me if this is true, but welcoming and encouraging that this rumour comes out of Norwich.

You never know.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Elliott Bennett

I'd have him over Clayton, Agestein, JFC, Stephens all day long.

You cannot compare Bennett to any of those as he is a totally different type of player...

Just an aside from that though, considering we have March, Lua Lua & Buckley - I would not be surprised to see the former go out on loan to a League 1 team or the latter go to Sunderland if Bennett signed.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I would love to have him back for us but wouldnt want TB to pay an inflated price that would stop other strengthening to the side.

To be honest BG, Norwich are going to be rolling in cash anyway, massive parachute payments and they're likely to sell RVW and probably Fer too.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You cannot compare Bennett to any of those as he is a totally different type of player...

Agree with this. Bennett can quickly move from defence to attack, can come inside or go outside, can pick a pass or ping a cross, can shoot from range and strike a dead ball. Whilst not in the same class he can do a similar job to Vicente. We could really benefit from having a player that can keep hold of the ball in the oppositions half, takes pressure off of the defence and brings more attackers into the game. It's possible Buckley could perform similarly when played inside but he needs the ball into his feet or to run onto rather than scrapping to get hold of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here