Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Electronic/Dance Music

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this set :thumbsup:

Have you heard his new album yet?...Sixteen Oceans. I heard a track from it on Late Junction last week (could have been Night Music actually, but on R3 at any rate) and it was a joy, as usual.

As much as I love all his work as fourtet, I still keep going back to the album, Happiness, that he did as part of Fridge. It works seemlessly as an album so difficult to pick a single track from it, but if I had to, I'd probably go with this...

Yes, I have the new album. My initial take was that it has some brilliant moments on it but it’s a bit flabby at 16 tracks in length. It loses focus at times and is a little same-y. @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=18183" target="_blank">big nuts</a></u>, I think, said it’s good without being excellent. Rightly or wrongly I lump him in with Floating Points and Caribou so I was also judging him alongside these two’s recent releases....both of which I love. That said, I was listening to it earlier and I’m warming to it a lot more now.

I’ll give Fridge a listen. I am aware of his previous band but never ever listened to a track from them.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I have an issue with actual seagulls on my roof insofar if I go on holiday at the wrong time, I have come back and found three pairs of the noisy smelly aggressive fükkers nesting on my roof.
Most of the time they just squawk and stay away, but I am convinced there is a seagull squawk sampled in this tune.....anyone else hear it?:bhasign::bhasign:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just posted this on the 'what did you just listen to' thread. By fuxy, this is so wrong, it's right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnsHUH-MV2k
[MENTION=37938]Hu_Camus[/MENTION] I have a lot of your lovely music to check out :kiss::thumbsup:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Wrong Thread

Last edited:

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Just posted this on the 'what did you just listen to' thread. By fuxy, this is so wrong, it's right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnsHUH-MV2k
@<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=37938" target="_blank">Hu_Camus</a></u> I have a lot of your lovely music to check out :kiss::thumbsup:
Nothing up with that tune...where have you been? We had a thread party when you were gone, and as you can see in the following video, the Racoon bought a nice new shirt.

Spot the usual suspects?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing up with that tune...where have you been? We had a thread party when you were gone, and as you can see in the following video, the Racoon bought a nice new shirt.

Spot the usual suspects?

I really like that but as soon as Grace Slick's vocal came in Mrs T just looked at me and said 'no'. She is not a fan of anything that smells like a mashup, whereas I.....the Sigur Ros Lady Gaga one is a particular fave.

Usual suspects? If there were famous DJs or producers in the vid I wouldn't know, unless it is Ulrich Schnauss or the late Holger Czukai. If it was unwitting pawns of Kaiser Soze, I missed them. :salute:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did anyone local ever meet this guy before he moved to LA? If you like this, check out the old sixties song "Fever" he remixed too. The boy's done well, it seems.

Very nice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
By usual suspects, of course I meant people at the party you missed, in the video to Paul K.
I told you about Racoon in his new red shirt, but you must have spotted Tokyohands in his silver eighties suit, Weststander in his wife beater vest holding his kid, ...Herrtubthumper in his safari suit, beorhthelmwith the tattoos, and you must have spotted me?....although there were other women of colour, I'm the prettiest, of course.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
By usual suspects, of course I meant people at the party you missed, in the video to Paul K.
I told you about Racoon in his new red shirt, but you must have spotted Tokyohands in his silver eighties suit, Weststander in his wife beater vest holding his kid, ...Herrtubthumper in his safari suit, and you must have spotted me?....although there were other women of colour, I'm the prettiest, of course.

Brilliant :bowdown::lolol:

(Apologies to Westy for laughing out loud at that description . . . .)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here