Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Electric Cars

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I mean, I've driven numerous Teslas and spent two days covering about 400 miles as a driver and passenger in both versions of the EX30 – and shared the launch with a number of other journos who had similar conclusions to mine – but sure :thumbsup:

The point is that drivers shouldn't HAVE to 'get used to it'.
Ultimately whether Volvo have dropped a clanger will be born out by sales and not by the opinion of Journalists! The model Y was Europes biggest selling car last year so the central touchscreen doesn't seem to be deterring people from buying Teslas.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ultimately whether Volvo have dropped a clanger will be born out by sales and not by the opinion of Journalists! The model Y was Europes biggest selling car last year so the central touchscreen doesn't seem to be deterring people from buying Teslas.
Clearly, which is pretty much what I've already alluded to as the main reason Volvo has gone down that route :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Theres absolutely no issues with having most of the controls through a central screen, Tesla have been doing this for years and I have owned 3 of them without any issues and theres certainly nothing dangerous about it. The HMI in the ID 3 got slated primarily because it was laggy and had lots of bugs and software issues, nothing to do with a lack of physical buttons and switches. Contrast this with the touchscreen in the Tesla which is intuitive and responsive and is constantly being improved and updated via over the air software updates. I did have a quick look at the EX30 the other day and the touchscreen looked pretty good to me and presumably similar to the one in the polestar which is owned by the same company.
Sorry, but that is absolute bollocks. I can get you quotes directly from Volkswagen if you like that will prove that customer feedback about factors such as the shoddy haptic surfaces on the volume controls led to a re-think and, ultimately, a redesign. Tha'ts nothing to do with the software – it's clearly a hardware issue that was introduced to save money!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here