Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elbows Jedinak

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just noticed that what appears to be the same girl- in different outfits- seems to be in two of those photos. How desperate must life be for her that she's twice schmoozed up to him? Or, how drunk of course. The players must have been elsewhere that night so she had to make do.

Isn't he a bit old to be hanging around nightclubs like that?

I assume he must have hired her to be his stalker. I mean women always flock to the middle aged grey-haired wrinkly ones in nightclubs don't they.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I assume he must have hired her to be his stalker. I mean women always flock to the middle aged grey-haired wrinkly ones in nightclubs don't they.

"What first attracted you to the creepy, grey-haired, fake-spectacle wearing, David-Brent-a-like millionaire Alan Pardew?", etc...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
All this outrage is a load of bollocks. We wouldn't care if it was a player of any other team. In fact, I'd love to see Rohan Ince start using his elbows a bit more in the same way; nastiness is an essential part of any defensive midfielder's game.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Just out of curiosity, what language would you use to describe ISIS, Boko Haram, Ian Brady or Charles Manson?
That's a lovely straw man you're using there.
All this outrage is a load of bollocks. We wouldn't care if it was a player of any other team. In fact, I'd love to see Rohan Ince start using his elbows a bit more in the same way; nastiness is an essential part of any defensive midfielder's game.

Really? Having some bite (not Suarez style) in your game is essential when you're a defensive midfielder but there's a line between a hard challenge and just generally swinging elbows.

I don't care what shirt someone's wearing when they do something like that, Palace, Albion or other, it's always wrong.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

On a day where we lost a player regarded as 'hard but fair', then I feel it important to distinguish between an aggressive, battling midfielder and spiteful, cowardly challenges

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's a lovely straw man you're using there.

Really? Having some bite (not Suarez style) in your game is essential when you're a defensive midfielder but there's a line between a hard challenge and just generally swinging elbows.

I don't care what shirt someone's wearing when they do something like that, Palace, Albion or other, it's always wrong.
And in the real world, you need a player like this in your team. All decent teams always have had, and will have, an enforcer of some type.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
And in the real world, you need a player like this in your team. All decent teams always have had, and will have, an enforcer of some type.
Ah that'd be it, I must have been confusing FIFA 15 with reality again, silly me.

I don't actually disagree with you, but an enforcer doesn't need to be someone who swings elbows (as an example) to do their job. Hard but fair challenges, with the occasional yellow for when it goes slightly too far, is more than enough to give them the required aura.

If an elbow has to be swung then I'd suggest they're actually failing at doing the job properly, as they're needing to resort to something well outside the norm, whilst ensuring that the team would be without them for a while due to the inevitable ban.

I suspect we'll be agreeing to disagree here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I don't want someone in my team who decides to deliberately smash his elbow into a fellow professionals face in an unprovoked attack for no reason whatsoever thanks. That's not being hard, or being an enforcer. That's being a monumental bellend, a thug, a bully, a coward and a reckless piece of shit all in one split second.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Let me get this straight, you want to see Ince elbowing people in the face and potentially blinding them or cracking skulls ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was wondering how far your talents for hyperbole extend. Or whether you just apply them in anti-palace rants.

I apply extensive hyperbole on a number of subjects, but anti-palace rants are such a rich seam that I'm afraid I find it impossible not to apply it to the max. And I know you like it really.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Let me get this straight, you want to see Ince elbowing people in the face and potentially blinding them or cracking skulls ?
Correct. They'll learn not to mess with him soon enough.

There's risk of injury in any physical sport; deal with it.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
This thread is very amusing.

All this fake outrage from a group of fans who were happily singing "let him die" next to a x BHA hero as he lay on the ground with a broken knee.

Football is a physical game things happen, and fans sing silly things...lets all calm down have a wxxk or shag and get on with life.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All this fake outrage from a group of fans who were happily singing "let him die" next to a x BHA hero as he lay on the ground with a broken knee.

I didn't sing that. Am I allowed to continue my outrage please?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Which group of fans are you referring to?
I don't feel outrage, fake or otherwise, nor did/would I chant that at a player...are you tarring everyone with the actions of a small minority by any chance?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I didn't sing that. Am I allowed to continue my outrage please?

Please carry on, but it all seems a bit false as it was against West ham and not BHA and has no effect on BHA as the two teams involved are not in the same division.

I would have though being 6 points above relegation to the 3rd tier of pro football would be of greater concern myself!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here