Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] El-Abd WILL stay

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good point. Could very well be correct with FFP etc etc.

I think he makes a lot of sense as a player, but with FFP in mind as well, he makes perfect sense. And he cares, which is important.

There isn't much work to do on the squad, but the areas which do need work are crucial to get right.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think he makes a lot of sense as a player, but with FFP in mind as well, he makes perfect sense. And he cares, which is important.

There isn't much work to do on the squad, but the areas which do need work are crucial to get right.

I'd argue we do need someone a notch up from Greer/El Abd. I think Bridcutt covers a lot of cracks in that combination and Upson certainly gave us a much more assured look when he came in, gave us a bit more aerial presence and, once settled in, worked it out of the back with more purpose. If he's a stand in then fine but odd that he'd reject a move elsewhere for a short term deal when unlikely to get too much game time

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He's always plays an old-school 2-3-5

This is exactly what we need:

99art_Main.png

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think it will be interesting to see whether Greer and El-Abd can hold down a first team slot with the change of tactics we will be employing.

Change of tactics?. l believe that Oscar is very much a 4-3-3 man. In which case, unless l have seriously lost the plot, we will still be playing with four at the back.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There isn't much work to do on the squad....

I have to disagree, central defence and central midfield, not forgetting adequate backup to cope at the right level for injuries and suspensions. Added to which we may lose Bridcutt. Don't forget we fell short last tear, we need to bring in and move out, there are deficiencies across the squad that need addressing.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
This is exactly what we need:

View attachment 44373

I played in a team with a formation the same as this! I was the number ten and my duties and the number eight's was to run from box to box to help out the defence and the attack! Most teams couldn't cope with this formation when we attacked because there was a minimum of 5 of us bearing down on their defence. We came second in the league but scored lots of goals :D

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I played in a team with a formation the same as this! I was the number ten and my duties and the number eight's was to run from box to box to help out the defence and the attack! Most teams couldn't cope with this formation when we attacked because there was a minimum of 5 of us bearing down on their defence. We came second in the league but scored lots of goals :D

Same - I played right back and can honestly say I do not think I ever crossed the halfway line. My job was to stop their winger and hoof it for our right winger to run onto.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
One of our players has a three year old Merc?!?! Shocking! Barber out!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here