Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd will NOT be with us next season.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
My mum works at the Amex.She phoned me today to say that Adam el abd was walking through the offices today shaking hands with people.I presumed that meant that he was leaving but my mum said it might be because he had signed a new contract,I said to her that the only reason that Adam was walking through the offices at the Amex shaking hands with people was because he was leaving.
That is the nature of the man that signing a new contract at the Albion means so much to him that he wants to share it with everybody at the club.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
he was class last year

Er, Jesus. Without wishing to blaspheme, you weren't at many games last season. Take it from me that a significant number of his 'challenges' were more suited to the rugby field. He was very fortunate not to be sent off many more times. Personally, don't think he cuts the mustard at the level in which we now play.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Er, Jesus. Without wishing to blaspheme, you weren't at many games last season. Take it from me that a significant number of his 'challenges' were more suited to the rugby field. He was very fortunate not to be sent off many more times. Personally, don't think he cuts the mustard at the level in which we now play.

What is the level in which we now play?
I don't see the standard of football next season being higher than last season.

As I see it we have lost the services of many players ie painter,dicker,Vicente ,ankergrun.hammond,bridge,Upson.
Are unsure about lopez.

So AEA signing a new contract is good news as far as I am concerned.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Played 34 games for the meanest defence in the Championship last year which rather suggests he cuts quite a lot of mustard at the level in which we now play. I imagine if a significant number of his 'challenges' were more suited to the rugby field, he would indeed have been sent off many more times, but rather than take it from you, I think we can assume that Adam has a much better idea of what constitutes a fair challenge these days. Clearly 5 full International caps for a decent Egypt side also suggests you may not have quite the eye for a player you might think!

Dec 29, 2011
Maybe @Acker79 can tell us how many we conceded with an El-Abd/Greer partnership, Greer/Upson partnership and El-Abd/Upson partnership?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you may have missed it, but those types of challenges are all the rage in the top flights of football at the moment. El-abd is a master at the art of getting away with enough. you dont play like that unless told to by your manager imo, so to reiterate, he was absolute class last year, and i hope he does as well for the next. with or without the grappling.

(note, i dont care for it myself and think it should be rid. but all the time its being unpunished we should maximse the art.)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Adam El Abd had a good season for us. Compared with the flat footed German in the centre of the Arsenal defense, he was diamond.

I was in the club shop today, buying my Villa Real and Norwich tickets. It was very quiet, but the 3 lads on the phone order were very busy. Annoyed that All the replica shirts had been taken down for tomorrow's influx of next season's kit. But I managed to spend 50 quid on schmutter (towels, mugs, blah blah. I love it!)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What is the level in which we now play?
I don't see the standard of football next season being higher than last season.

As I see it we have lost the services of many players ie painter,dicker,Vicente ,ankergrun.hammond,bridge,Upson.
Are unsure about lopez.

So AEA signing a new contract is good news as far as I am concerned.

Spelling aside, Ankers is still with us.
Agree with the rest.

donnygull

Aug 22, 2009
Doncaster,S. Yorks

Totally agree with this, I think this is a step backwards if we are serious about doing something this season, need to be concentrating on getting some quality in & Adam, blue & white tho he is, is not quality

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
With respect, he was going to leave. But we gave him what he wanted, a 2 year contract. I am delighted we have kept him, everything considered.

Also, note how THIS was bounced but my thread confirming he would stay wasn't. We all know what is more fun...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here