El-Abd will NOT be with us next season.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
WOuld love him to stay - he has become a very good player in recent years

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I have a feeling we may be signing a Spanish centre back from Maccabi Tel Aviv - Carlos García Badías – 29 yr old centre back ex Espanyol and Almeria

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I have a feeling we may be signing a Spanish centre back from Maccabi Tel Aviv - Carlos García Badías – 29 yr old centre back ex Espanyol and Almeria

Where did you see/hear that?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Where did you see/hear that?

He signed for Maccabi just after Oscar joined them - can see him being the sort of player he might want to bring in here. They also have Gonzalo Manuel García García – a 29 yr old attacking midfielder who was actually born in Uruguay, bit of a journeyman but played for Real Madrid B, Heerenveen and Groningen. Signed for Maccabi at the same time as Carlos.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
He signed for Maccabi just after Oscar joined them - can see him being the sort of player he might want to bring in here. They also have Gonzalo Manuel García García – a 29 yr old attacking midfielder who was actually born in Uruguay, bit of a journeyman but played for Real Madrid B, Heerenveen and Groningen. Signed for Maccabi at the same time as Carlos.

known in the trade as 'doing a Micky Adams'

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Could have a team of Garcias then.
Garcia Badass is as good a name as El Bad.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
According to my reliable source. Believe what you will, just thought I'd pass on the info I was told today. Barnsley have offered him less than what he's on at the moment, so unlikely he will go there. He was meeting with another club today. Personally hope he stays but doesn't look likely.

Good call.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will we get a Spanish Dave signing story later tonight ???

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
According to my reliable source. Believe what you will, just thought I'd pass on the info I was told today. Barnsley have offered him less than what he's on at the moment, so unlikely he will go there. He was meeting with another club today. Personally hope he stays but doesn't look likely.

Oh yes he will be

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
It was actually Ipswich that he met with, and rumour has it he isn't too gutted Gus has gone

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

What a cock you must feel now, maybe next time keep that hole in your face closed ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i was very happy to read this news. might not be the most elegant player but you need some down to earth grit and toil that you get from the like of El-abd.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
What a cock you must feel now, maybe next time keep that hole in your face closed ?

Yep not gonna lie I do look and feel like a bit of a Toss pot. I would not have posted if I was genuinely Bulls****ng, I was told by someone very close to AEA's agent that he wouldn't sign for us. This was however before Oscar Garcia was confirmed so I'm guessing that swayed it. I am really pleased he has re-signed just for the record!

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Yep not gonna lie I do look and feel like a bit of a Toss pot. I would not have posted if I was genuinely Bulls****ng, I was told by someone very close to AEA's agent that he wouldn't sign for us. This was however before Oscar Garcia was confirmed so I'm guessing that swayed it. I am really pleased he has re-signed just for the record!
Never mind. It was a good result for us in the end.

Roll on August!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here