Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-abd to Barnsley?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's not going to Barnsley.....but doesn't look like he's staying here either from what I've just heard. Shame as he always put in a decent shift, despite not being as gifted as some others in the team. Never know though, we may see him back at the Amex sooner than later! :wink:

Bournemouth?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Unlikely to be 1st choice here and his stock has never been as high as it will be right now. 28 with a couple of decent seasons of Championship football behind him. Will be a real shame if he moves on but you can fully understand it if he gets offered more money, a longer deal and the opportunity to play football. Would be awesome to see someone I played football with as a kid go to a World Cup, so best of luck to him if he does move on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unlikely to be 1st choice here and his stock has never been as high as it will be right now. 28 with a couple of decent seasons of Championship football behind him. Will be a real shame if he moves on but you can fully understand it if he gets offered more money, a longer deal and the opportunity to play football. best of luck to him if he does move on.

All of this.

I'm going to guess MILLWALL.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Deserves to be playing regularly in a solid Championship team. I could see LEEDS being a good fit possibly.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Deserves to be playing regularly in a solid Championship team. I could see LEEDS being a good fit possibly.

he's a brighton lad through and through, if he doesnt stay here then millwall or charlton would give him the chance to still live here and get first team footie

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If I were him, I'd give it the 3 weeks it needs to settle our managerial situation, then decide. Brighton a better bet than Barnsley!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Best header of the ball in the club, very good positionally, superb at last ditch tackles, improved MASSIVELY in first touch and passing, now a full international likely to go to the World Cup.

Ulloa might have something to say about the heading award. Powerful, yes - but accurate?

I still hold my breath when he goes in for the 'last ditch tackle'. He's certainly improved since Poyet got hold of him, but there's still always the threat of him totally clattering somebody in my opinion.

Drimble Wedge

Apr 20, 2013
Seven Dials
He's improved immeasurably since when he played under Slade at Withdean, when he was often played out of position at left back. Never looked comfortable on the ball, occasionally appeared clumsy and distracted, often the fall guy. It would be a pity to see him leave as he's among the most visibly committed players and I'd like to think there's room in the squad for the sly cynical shirt- tugger.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I like El-Abd, I can't see him going all the way to Barnsley!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here