dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you say so :facepalm:

Best header of the ball in the club, very good positionally, superb at last ditch tackles, improved MASSIVELY in first touch and passing, now a full international likely to go to the World Cup.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Best header of the ball in the club, very good positionally, superb at last ditch tackles, improved MASSIVELY in first touch and passing, now a full international likely to go to the World Cup.

Does he have pace? NO

Can he pass a telling ball forwards, even a simple one into midfield? NO

Can he bring the ball out from the back with any authority? NO in fact looks like a startled rabbit when he looks to, most opposition players don't even close him down, they want it at his feet.

First touch? Yeah, always has to take one even when its a simple pass from Greer before passing out to Bridge. Slows the build up from the back down.

Ripe for a sending off? You bet.

If this is what you want from a CB then fair enough, but looking at how we play now we need a bit more composure and class on the ball from a CB imo.

His defending has improved but you could clearly see when Upson took over the role the gulf in class. We should be looking to invest our small budget elsewhere.

Does he have pace? NO

Can he bring the ball out from the back with any authority? NO in fact looks like a startled rabbit when he looks to, most opposition players don't even close him down, they want it at his feet.

First touch? Yeah, always has to take one even when its a simple pass from Greer before passing out to Bridge. Slows the build up from the back down.

If this is what you want from a CB then fair enough, but looking at how we play now we need a bit more composure and class on the ball from a CB imo.

His defending has improved but you could clearly see when Upson took over the role the gulf in class. We should be looking to invest our small budget elsewhere.

I'd also add "Does he pose any offensive threat in the opposition's penalty area at set pieces? NO" to your list.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does he have pace? NO

I think your list is too harsh, but that there IS merit in each of those points.

Adam El Abd is NOT a great player, and as stated on here, the improvement in our side once Upson replaced him was startling. What Adam IS though, is a great battler, and worth a place in the squad for that alone.

I think a one year deal, on the same wages, if that's all true, probably fairly reflects his worth to the club at this time. If he can get better elsewhere, good luck to him. I wish him all the best whichever he chooses.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does he have pace? NO

Where is your respect for a local player who has been an important part of this upward journey of ours for the past 5 years?

There was a time when I thought he was lucky to make it into our League 1 side. I never thought he'd look like a class act. Yet under Poyet he has improved immeasurably to the extent where he is clearly comfortable at Championship level.

I don't hold it against him that he isn't, nor will never be, Rio Ferdinand, but it pisses me off when I read posters picking him apart like he's shite.

If the posts about a 'League 1 level salary level' offer from the club are to be believed then I am disappointed. I think he can do a job and, moreover, as a local lad serve to inspire the next generation of kids to break through from our academy. We're likely to lose Oatway from the scene, so to lose Adam too will mean we're losing part of our identity.

I hope AEA stays but if he doesn't then I wish him well and hope to cheer him on for Egypt in WC2014.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He can still do a job. But with Dunk coming through as our 3rd choice centre back (assuming we sign another) I can't see much use for him. 10 games maybe? I wish he stays though, he offers something other centre backs don't. And you can never doubt his commitment.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Great service to the Albion, but more likely to concede a penalty now than make a goal-saving tackle.
Good Luck Adam, da da da da dah Adam El Abd da da da dah.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'd also add "Does he pose any offensive threat in the opposition's penalty area at set pieces? NO" to your list.

You could add the whole squad on to that list!

Oct 25, 2003
maybe at his age he wants a better chance of regular first team action, which barnsley could probably give him

i can see us signing a new CB which would again push adam to 3rd choice, with dunk (without his off-field problems to worry about), vitalijs and rohan 'the beast' ince pushing him for that spot

it's a shame because i do like him and he clearly has a lot of love for the club so i'd personally prefer him to stay...but it may be better for him not to

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
He's not going to Barnsley.....but doesn't look like he's staying here either from what I've just heard. Shame as he always put in a decent shift, despite not being as gifted as some others in the team. Never know though, we may see him back at the Amex sooner than later! :wink:

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
He's not going to Barnsley.....but doesn't look like he's staying here either from what I've just heard. Shame as he always put in a decent shift, despite not being as gifted as some others in the team. Never know though, we may see him back at the Amex sooner than later! :wink:

Ipswich ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here