Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd is urged to sign Albion deal

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are we really that bothered. I mean he's not very good is he ?.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yep and no i am not discussing it!!

But thats my point, he did NOT want to leave, he felt he was going to leave because of reason within the club, that is totally different than 'wanting to leave' in the context we are discussing.

Hammond did not want to leave . . but thats history now

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
But thats my point, he did NOT want to leave, he felt he was going to leave because of reason within the club, that is totally different than 'wanting to leave' in the context we are discussing.

Hammond did not want to leave . . but thats history now

But that's my whole point HE DID WANT TO LEAVE and did

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chairman Dick Knight said: "It has been on the table for some time and we hope he signs it soon."

I think its even on the Argus today, certainly online.

Jeeeez, how do you not know this and then swagger in and debate on it ??

Its the 'on the table for some time' that is unecessary and could cause a reaction from his agent and the player.

Already the headline is stalling as I pointed out it would be.

Is THAT IT ??
Well forgive me if that barely registered on the radar. Shock ! Horror ! Hold the back page !

So lets get this straight. Dick Knight says:
"It has been on the table for some time and we hope he signs it soon."

and then in BigGullyWorld, this instantly translates into:
"Adam is being a greedy little tosser. We've made him an offer, ooh, AGES ago and he's still not even had the decency to sign it. He thinks he's billy-big-bollocks, well I'm here to tell him that his egyption arse is MINE, he can either sign that contract thats been on his kitchen table for nearly a MONTH now, or he can go f*** a camel. At least we'll all get through the airports quicker without him".

I see, yes. It all makes sense now.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is THAT IT ??
Well forgive me if that barely registered on the radar. Shock ! Horror ! Hold the back page !

"Adam is being a greedy little tosser. We've made him an offer, ooh, AGES ago and he's still not even had the decency to sign it. He thinks he's billy-big-bollocks, well I'm here to tell him that his egyption arse is MINE, he can either sign that contract thats been on his kitchen table for nearly a MONTH now, or he can go f*** a camel. At least we'll all get through the airports quicker without him".

Game , set and match :lolol::thumbsup:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Is THAT IT ??

:lolol::lolol:

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Is THAT IT ??

GOLD - this is better than watching the Albion.

:gossip:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Is THAT IT ??

Yep your nearly there ........

You asked a question and I gave you the answer and you were wrong !!

If it was so irrelevant why did you ask for confirmation if the Chairman had made a comment ???

I was giving the answer to your specific query and I am surprised you didnt know anything had been said as this thread was started primarily because of it.

by the way not a great translation ........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep your nearly there ........

You asked a question and I gave you the answer and you were wrong !!

If it was so irrelevant why did you ask for confirmation if the Chairman had made a comment ???

I was giving the answer to your specific query and I am surprised you didnt know anything had been said as this thread was started primarily because of it.

by the way not a great translation ........

You asked me whether I thought "those things the chairman said" would affect the contract negotiations. That set me wondering. What I didn't realise was that by "those things", you were merely referring to a rather underwhelming comment from Dick Knight (that I had to trawl back to last weeks Argus for).

And this thread was NOT started primarily because of that comment anyway. It was started primarily off the back of Dean Whites comments in the Argus, theres nothing there whatsoever from DK. Another subtle little inaccuracy you've slipped in there eh.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You asked me whether I thought "those things the chairman said" would affect the contract negotiations. That set me wondering. What I didn't realise was that by "those things", you were merely referring to a rather underwhelming comment from Dick Knight (that I had to trawl back to last weeks Argus for).

And this thread was NOT started primarily because of that comment anyway. It was started primarily off the back of Dean Whites comments in the Argus, theres nothing there whatsoever from DK. Another subtle little inaccuracy you've slipped in there eh.

I think you have no idea how the Chairman's comments may effect morale within the playing staff.

To make a comment where there will never be a cause for concern should be easy.

But time after time the Chairman picks fights with players and agents, some might be warranted but many are not, its unecessary and unhelpful.

I agree to some extent that in the context of world affairs it aint any great shakes, but if your Dean Wilkins you can see another player becoming unsettled.

Already The Argus has headlines that El-Abd is 'Stalling' !!

I have no doubt that pretty soon there will be a retort from El-Abd or his agent and we are off again !!

That is really VERY funny... Lawrenson and El-Abd mentioned in the same breath...

Elphick is also clearly a better player than El-Abd... he is far more assured, and El-Abd's mistakes are glaringly obviois to most but, apparently, not you...

Assured... if and when he's got the ball or even in the right position to have it? 'Somehow' Vale put three past us!

....... I also hope el-Phick and el-Abd will be the best midfield and defensive players in the division, the potential suggests it's possible.
If anything though, el-Abd would fare better in the Championship than Elphick right now.

If we were to get promoted, Elphick and Lynch would get rings run around them in the Championship (bloody silly name for the old 2nd Division!), and perhaps be demoralized more than anything.

If we were a club who could afford it, we'd be farming those two players out on loan to team/s in this division, while we made a fist of staying up. That way they'd get experience and more time to improve, instead of getting murdered in a division they're not ready to tackle yet (imo).

Said it before, but that's my answer to you.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here