Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eiran Cashin

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I struggle to believe that Brighton would be after Eiran Cashin, struggling in League One right now so.....
Did a quick bit of research based on this opening post and thought it was a real head-scratcher - nothing about him at all that I could see that would mark him out as a likely target for us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...although this Athletic write-up is very positive about him, and he is left-footed.

Cashin’s technical strengths and confidence on the ball make him an exciting player to watch, with his long-range switches of play often allowing Derby to release wide players, as shown in the stills below from a 1-0 win over Cambridge United in December.​

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
well having been at Burton v Derby and three Derby home games at start of last season ...

I would guess this is a Rosenior recommendation to us - playing the Rosenior way at start of last season he was a great player - ball spent games on the grass - he had a nowt shall pass me attitude to life which reminded me a bit of Dunk

playing the Warne way on Saturday he didn't look as good - mainly as ball spent most of the game in the sky - not on the grass

with some RDZ input for half a season and the odd substitute appearance could see him becoming a very good player

buy him from Derby and loan him to Hull for a season ;)

is future Ireland international too to keep Evan company

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ker-ching get him in.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I opened this thread firmly believing it was a made up name for a fictional player to deflect bigger clubs from our actual targets. A player from Eire and our future intentions all in a player name.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
...although this Athletic write-up is very positive about him, and he is left-footed.

Cashin’s technical strengths and confidence on the ball make him an exciting player to watch, with his long-range switches of play often allowing Derby to release wide players, as shown in the stills below from a 1-0 win over Cambridge United in December.​

No doubt he is a fine footballer but I'd describe him the same way as I talked about Haydon Roberts, comfortable in possession, definitely has a class about him BUT he's not particularly quick, not tall and is struggling right now, same as Roberts was a year ago - Maybe he is better suited higher up the pyramid, dunno!

I'd be disappointed to see him go, local lad (he's not Irish!) who's been with the club for 14 years.....

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No doubt he is a fine footballer but I'd describe him the same way as I talked about Haydon Roberts, comfortable in possession, definitely has a class about him BUT he's not particularly quick, not tall and is struggling right now, same as Roberts was a year ago - Maybe he is better suited higher up the pyramid, dunno!

I'd be disappointed to see him go, local lad (he's not Irish!) who's been with the club for 14 years.....
Hmm, because in the PL, if you're not, quick, and tall as a CB, you need to be exceptional in all other attributes.

I really cannot see us signing him.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Cashin is Irish U21 player and is showing some potential - not anywhere near as good as Omobamidele, Collins or O'Shea at the moment - but a fraction of the cost.

He is also born in England - and rumoured to be one of the players the English FA have tried to poach. He likely will play for Ireland at some point - I could see Omobamidele or Collins ending up playing in midfield - but he does have some competition from the likes of James Abankwah.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Think he maybe having a Duffy like Blackburn start to the season at present, still a very good player in there though, its about how we think he may develop

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here