Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Eight new Signings Expected

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have actually meant a "Head Hunter" not in the football scene but in the multi-million $ scientific pharmaceutical and oil industry. Tapping up seems to be Ok there. Afterall, it is acceptable face of stalking. I don't know what to say really. A lot of travelling and man hours involved.

My critical analysis, is how to hell do they identify their targets ??? The Head Hunters are under the the illusion (or is the truth?) that the targets like being stalked because it ups their egos. Or it ups their egos so they must like it!

When even normal employers do psychological profiles, from what I gather they still us intuition rather than scientific analysis. But I am a chess player not a poker player. Intuition does not work with world standard Chess ??? Not sure about Poker?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Probably the same reason everyone was wetting themselves about Garcia before we got him when nobody had really heard of him.

Speak for yourself!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Slow down there [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] - this is an insightful post from Mr Ginger Bread Man.

I'm gonna build on it.

I don't know who our new manager is, but I can tell you this - he's crap. He clearly doesn't know what he is doing and will never lead us to the promised land. Why Bloom appointed him I don't know. Probably at Burke's suggestion! He's too defensive and why isn't he playing our strongest team. Promised attacking football and it's rubbish. Whoever this new bloke is, it's time to get rid of him!

Yes, this.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
New man OUT.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have you and The Large One ever been seen in the same room?

Yeah, a few times, there's probably photos around from the Albion Roar

What's your point?

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
I would not be surprised if the two players Stephen Ward and Keith Andrews were released because their wages were too high. Matthew Upson was a permanent signing, so this was different for him.

Even if they a re-signed later, the missing months would be a fair wedge.

Stephen Ward's goal at Forest earned us a crust though.

Ward and Andrews were not released as they are not our players,we could still try and sign them. Although I would only want ward back, Andrews was horse shit.

When even normal employers do psychological profiles, from what I gather they still us intuition rather than scientific analysis. But I am a chess player not a poker player. Intuition does not work with world standard Chess ??? Not sure about Poker?

It is impossible to play chess well without a large dollop of intuition: there is also a fair degree of bluffing. Many poker players are former chess players. Like yourself however, I'd probably be useless at poker (although, can play a a mean game of Snap occasionally).

Mixing chess with football metaphors is dangerous territory, Lukas Podolski has already come up with the best insight;

'Football is like chess, only without the dice'

Surprisingly, the Germans with the benefit of the likes of Nietzsche playing up front and Kant in midfield are rather good at own goal Football quotes...

http://www.spiegel.de/international...man-football-s-greatest-sayings-a-558638.html

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not just eight signings. Ten signings really because Bruno and Upson have to be persuaded to stay. And then there is a Manager which makes it eleven.

I am holding fire on getting my season ticket. If we keep Lualua and Buckley I am inclined to get one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not just eight signings. Ten signings really because Bruno and Upson have to be persuaded to stay. And then there is a Manager which makes it eleven.

I am holding fire on getting my season ticket. If we keep Lualua and Buckley I am inclined to get one.

Well it's really 6 ( released ) + 3 ( loan expired ) + 1 ( ElAbd not replaced ) + 4 ( players yet to sign new contracts ) = 14 !

Although Walton surely steps up from the dev squad as keeper 3, so perhaps up to 13 ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Squad down to 17 players now.

As we must plan for a 25 man squad, I expect 8 new signings.

What positions and who will they be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_F.C.

Goalkeeper:
Left Back:
Covering Defender:
Defensive Midfielder:
Defensive Midfielder (& playmaker):
Striker:
Attacking Midfielder (left sided):
Central Midfielder:

Nzuzi is one of your 8, perseus !

So 7 more needed assuming the 4 with new contracts re-sign.

In your list, I'd replace one of those midfielders with another striker, as central midfield only now looks one short to me ( Joe Cole ??? :lolol: )

My list :

Goalkeeper:
Left Back: Ward ???
Central Defender:
Striker:
Striker:
Central Midfielder: Cole ???

++++
Ankers
Calderon
Bruno
Upson

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
8ns.jpg

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nzuzi is one of your 8, perseus !

So 7 more needed assuming the 4 with new contracts re-sign.

In your list, I'd replace one of those midfielders with another striker, as central midfield only now looks one short to me ( Joe Cole ??? :lolol: )

My list :

Goalkeeper:
Central Defender:
Striker:
Striker:
Central Midfielder: Cole ???

++++
Ankers
Calderon
Bruno
Upson

Bardsley has gone to Stoke. Will Poyet offer Bruno a contract?

I don't think we will get better full back than Bruno. And we really need two? (Calderon is OK except against the better clubs.) Hunt is right back in the development squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 needed again now Upson has gone.

My list :

Goalkeeper:
Central Defender:
Central Defender:
Striker:
Striker: