Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eight candidates interviewed

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
clearly those other 7 werent considered good enough and i cant see them taking this job on now knowing a) they were passed over before and b) have to fight relegation. unless one of them is desperate to get into management, and frankly the last thing we need is another bloody newbie. steady the ship push for next year, so we need someone with some experience and a bit of gravity in the game (and dare i say the division) to work this through.

What makes you think Sami was picked over the other 7? The other could have possibly turn us down.. We don't know.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The turnover of managers is so quick these days, some of the other 7 may already have jobs in management and there are probably a few more back on the market. I just want someone inspiring.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I'm not in the know and never will be but business logic says the new manager has been signed up already and will be announced on 1 January. No idea who he is except that as of a week or so ago he will have been out of a job. This has been planned. So it's not Adkins and it's not McCoist thank god.

I'm not in the know either but would suggest, as is being reported, that if Bloom is flying back to dear old blighty, then this has taken the club by surprise. If it was a done deal then there would be no need for him to return from Oz.

I expect the new man to be announced for the fulham game but to take charge from the fa cup match at brentford. But what do I know.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
D
I'm not in the know either but would suggest, as is being reported, that if Bloom is flying back to dear old blighty, then this has taken the club by surprise. If it was a done deal then there would be no need for him to return from Oz.

I expect the new man to be announced for the fulham game but to take charge from the fa cup match at brentford. But what do I know.

Ah - hadn't picked up on Bloom flying back

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Where is this reported I would have thought he would come back between Christmas and the New Year for a couple of days possibly on 27th

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Yeah, would agree with this. Especially as Bloom was talking about Sami being here for years just a week or so ago. I think this has caught the club on the backfoot.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
God knows how long it will take to make a call this time with TB in Australia and Xmas and New year slowing everything down. What are the odds of another fruitless January transfer window?

I'd !much prefer them to take their time and get the right man not panic and get in anyone just for the sake of January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There's no way he would fly back for two days and then fly back again to Australia.

Why not he can afford it and the flight in first class is good and I feel he will want to be present at the revealing of the new manager. I would suggest fly back 27th take new man to Fulham then fly back 29th or 30th to be there for their New Year. New man in charge for Brentford.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Why not he can afford it and the flight in first class is good and I feel he will want to be present at the revealing of the new manager. I would suggest fly back 27th take new man to Fulham then fly back 29th or 30th to be there for their New Year. New man in charge for Brentford.

You must be mad.

He will want to interview 5 or 6 people.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You must be mad.

He will want to interview 5 or 6 people.

Either that, or matters have already been discussed and someone will be approached. Hopefully the latter.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'd be surprised if bloom is flying back before xmas Friday & Monday will be left to Jones - Can't see him being back till New Year

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd !much prefer them to take their time and get the right man not panic and get in anyone just for the sake of January.

Well I guess that depends on how you view our current plight. If you think being 22nd is all down to SH then I'd agree with you. If you also feel that we need new players to survive whomever the manager is then we're screwed if we take too long.

I'd also argue that we seemed to take ages over appointing SH in the first place, and look how that turned out! You could then argue you'd be better off appointing someone who's kept teams up at this level before instead of spending ages worrying about whether that person will be a yes man to the likes of Burke and Barber

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here