Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL Trophy Draw

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shrewsbury isn’t very south is it?
For the purpose of a north/south draw it would be. it's parallel with Leicester. It would probably be more convenient to be in the north though.

But It's not quite Bishop Stortford, who play in the National League North now. I shit thee not.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shrewsbury isn’t very south is it?
They used to be in Division 3(South) back in the day (though I think they might have been one of the clubs, like Coventry, who played in both div.3(S) and div.3(N) depending on who was relegated from Division 2)

For the purpose of a north/south draw it would be. it's parallel with Leicester. It would probably be more convenient to be in the north though.

But It's not quite Bishop Stortford, who play in the National League North now. I shit thee not.
Or Gloucester City, also playing in that division at that latitude . The natural dividing point used to be a hundred miles further north, eg Mansfield Town played several seasons in the Third Division South.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we were snide could we play Ferguson, Enciso, Sarmiento and Buonnanote? Would Caicedo qualify? Any other first team players we could sneak in in the pursuit of glory?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If we were snide could we play Ferguson, Enciso, Sarmiento and Buonnanote? Would Caicedo qualify? Any other first team players we could sneak in in the pursuit of glory?
Any player can play for us. There are limits to the number of over age players we can play tho.

Our starting XI must contain at least 6 players who are under 21 on 30th June 2023.

We can have a maximum of 2 players in the match day squad who are over 21 and have made 40 or more appearances for the first team.

Of the players you’ve listed only Caicedo would count as one of the two overage players. The others are all under 21 except for Sarmiento who, although over 21, hasn’t made 40 senior appearances yet so wouldn’t count as an overage player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here