Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

EFL Trophy Group Stage MD 1 - w/c 4 September 2023
EFL Trophy Group Stage MD 2 - w/c 9 October 2023
EFL Trophy Group Stage MD 3 - w/c 11 November 2023

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I had a thought about this competition the other day. If we were to somehow make it to the final at Wembley, how many fans do you think we’d take?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Our maximum i presume. Would love to win a cup. Our current trophy cabinet is pretty empty.

Depends on opposition I'd say. I really doubt we'd take 30k+ to watch our U21s take on the likes of Fleetwood Town.

Portsmouth could be interesting though.

That all said, an U21 team hasn't made the final yet. Would be great to be the first.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Football.... :ohmy:

Nah, there are more interesting threads at the moment, we have a Jebus one, a lost Submarine one, lots of holiday ones to select from, why would anyone be interested in soccerball.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shrewsbury is like Brigadoon.
I went to go there in 1991 and it had disappeared

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We really need to be taking cups seriously, and bring some silver home.

With that in mind, if we don't play Evan Ferguson in this, I'll be FUMING.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We really need to be taking cups seriously, and bring some silver home.

With that in mind, if we don't play Evan Ferguson in this, I'll be FUMING.
We should sign Gyokeres and Mulomby and play them in the early rounds until the youngsters are ready to step up. After January we can send them out on loan to the Championship or USG.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PL u21 teams have been in this Trophy for a while now - there's a substantial pov that its wrong/doesn't make sense . That said they nearly always struggle and none have ever made it to Wembley or , i think, the semi finals. They certainly don't bump up the crowds much which are nearly always under a 1000 or fewer.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
PL u21 teams have been in this Trophy for a while now - there's a substantial pov that its wrong/doesn't make sense . That said they nearly always struggle and none have ever made it to Wembley or , i think, the semi finals. They certainly don't bump up the crowds much which are nearly always under a 1000 or fewer.
Not sure the idea was ever to bump the crowds, U21s sides would never be a draw in that respect.

The idea was for younger players to get some experience playing against senior sides in what is a competitive tournament. The Premier League also agreed to pretty much double the prize money on offer when elite academies were allowed into the competition, meaning more money (although not massive amounts) is slowly trickling down the pyramid.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We tend to field more of an U18 team in this competition if I remember correctly.
Our U21s are a very young team. Most of the ones approaching 21 will have long been loaned out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here