Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Teams I want to win the EFL Cup
Liverpool or Brighton or Palace or anyone. That's anyone except Chelsea. Also hope Sanchez, Cucurella and Caicedo have to go up to collect their losers medals.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If this is the official match thread, its a bit disappointing

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
According to Google if us or West Ham win Europa and England get the 5th spot we could have 6 in the Champions League! Not very likely but we can dream.

I Think we're 13/1 to win the Europa league.
Not very likely, but not far-fetched either.
Could do with Liverpool and Leverkusen being drawn together in the next round.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This reallly is a no-brainer. We all have to be supporting Liverpool today.

If Chelsea win then as i understand it we'd have to finish 6th or win FA Cup and / or Europa League to qualify for Europe next season.

I also believe that if the winners of FA Cup and League Cup both finish outside Top 6 then even 6th place won't get you into Europe.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was going to ask this. So if Liverpool win their conference league place goes to next in league?

If we get 5 CL places, and Liverpool win, of FA cup winner is also top 4 club does conference league go down to 8th?

5 CL, 2 EL and 1 ConfL?
I know we stand to potentially benefit, but a league where the top 40% qualify for European football is ridiculous.

Not quite as ridiculous as West Han fans singing “Champions of Europe” because they won some noddy competition that was like the football equivalent of those European “It’s A Knockout” tv specials.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I Think we're 13/1 to win the Europa league.
Not very likely, but not far-fetched either.
Could do with Liverpool and Leverkusen being drawn together in the next round.

As you say not very likely. I have also thought of a drawback to that scenario. If we get 6 CL , 2EL and 1EConfL it would 9th getting into Europe and that could include Chelsea. :(

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I now have an extreme hatred of Chelsea. For that reason I'm expecting them to win and end up top seven this season.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Liverpool for me - I honestly don't think they are the same as Man City or Chelsea in the way the club is run. Also think Klopp is ok, goes OTT sometimes but that is his passion for the game and for the city and social issues.

There is some comment that should Chelsea win then they will get shafted because of European FFP rules, not sure how true that is though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I know we stand to potentially benefit, but a league where the top 40% qualify for European football is ridiculous.

Not quite as ridiculous as West Han fans singing “Champions of Europe” because they won some noddy competition that was like the football equivalent of those European “It’s A Knockout” tv specials.

Maybe we should sing "Unofficial Champions of All England, you'll never sing that".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If our hopes of a European place end up resting on whether whether Chesea, Citeh or anyone else are banned from Uefa competitions then that could wreck our summer window if the whole process is dragged out.

A run to a European final adds 13 additional matches to the season, and if you recruit extra quality that may mean you deeper in the domestic trophies too. You need to know how long your season could be before the window opens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Backing Liverpool, if they win 7th becomes a European spot in the league.
As Bob says, that's assuming the FA cup is also won by a highly placed PL team - or, if we get an extra place in Europe. So maybe it extends a Europe place to 8th.

Come on Liverpoool!

Plus, Chelsea are a bloody horrible club

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This reallly is a no-brainer. We all have to be supporting Liverpool today.

If Chelsea win then as i understand it we'd have to finish 6th or win FA Cup and / or Europa League to qualify for Europe next season.

I also believe that if the winners of FA Cup and League Cup both finish outside Top 6 then even 6th place won't get you into Europe.
I’d be surprised anyone supporter Chelsea over Liverpool regardless of this anyway

I hope those Chelsea ****s get absolutely battered

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Had a tenner on a Caicedo red card. He’s been a red card waiting to happen for weeks now (months) and I wonder if the occasion might be a bit too much for him.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

You won't be saying that next year if we qualify for the Noddy Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here