Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EE terrible customer service

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Try 02. I've been with them since before they changed their name and have always had a friendly experience when calling them. They've always told me when I could be paying lees to and changed my plan to lower my bill. I have never had a bad experience with them in more than a decade of custom.

Thank you

D

Deleted member 22389

Anyone have experience of them? Orange were okay, call centre in Newcastle, efficient, knowlegdable staff, prompt service. EE, call centre in India, poor grasp of language, failing to understand what I'm asking/telling them, been waiting for them to call me back since 11.30

They will call you after an hour sir
After an hour or IN an hour?
After an hour sir
Right, how long after the hour?
After the hour sir
Is your supervisor calling me back IN an hour or in at least an hour?
Hour Sir
How long?
Yes Sir
Oh **** Off.

I have not had any experience with EE, but these call centres abroad don't work. You can't deal with technical support issues when your customers are thousands of miles away.
The sooner these companies wake up and understand it is bad for customer service the better. Bring the jobs back to the UK.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Try 02. I've been with them since before they changed their name and have always had a friendly experience when calling them. They've always told me when I could be paying less to and changed my plan to lower my bill. I have never had a bad experience with them in more than a decade of custom.
My experience with o2 has been similar, although I am planning to switch to giffgaff (which seems to get good reviews).

D

Deleted member 22389

Haha.

I had an online conversation on 'Live Help' with a chap from India (called Frank!) who could not grasp what I was trying to ask. If he didn't understand one of my questions he simply replied 'You will be pleasured Sir'. This was funny to start with but lessened over the 20 frustrating minutes!

I feel your pain Nibs.

I have noticed a shift in using English names. Frank lol. Wonder why they do this?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It does seem odd that Nibble expects everyone to believe that the company in question have simply started charging him three times an "agreed" figure, doesn't it?

You are all getting way ahead of yourselves. I had a query about my bill as I didn't believe I was using that much data/talk time. I have paid up in the past as I can't be without a phone but was not prepared to do so this month and they have barred me. I have been with them for 15 years and would have thought the benefit of the doubt could have been given to me while the problem is looked into.
I had the same problem with them on my internet bill, they eventually admitted I didn't owe them. With this in mind I decided to question them on my phone bill and was greeted with someone who was not capable of helping me and am still awaiting a return call. Is this really that unreasonable?

Loki, if you want to accuse me of being racist crack on. I really think you are picking up the wrong thread on this issue.

D

Deleted member 22389

Perhaps you should be a little less selfish and a little more accepting of others?

It's frustrating when you can't understand the people, a) because of the poor line and b) because of the poor english.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is illegal to triple someone's bill without their consent and without breaching contract. Grow up. This is simply a case of someone not taking responsibility and trying to blame someone else, largely on accent it seems.

"Poor service from rich companies". How old are you? Change contract, it's a free market. Jeez

The fact that you believe this to be that simple shows me you are way too ignorant to be taking part in adult conversations.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, Nibble. You are not being unreasonable.

I liked Orange when I was with them. I'm with Virgin now. Their customer service is utterly gash too, but they are cheap.

D

Deleted member 22389

All customers want is a decent service. There is nothing more frustrating than being directed to call centres thousands of miles away.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thanks for the advice Nibble. Next time I want to complain about hard working underpaid individuals of colour I'll know how to go about it.

And when I need advice on how to shampoo an office floor to get coffee stains out I'll go to an expert with experience of the matter too no doubt.

Come on chap, you're embarrassing yourself now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Vodafone's Egyptian call centre drove me nuts. The bottom line is that if you can't understand and speak English properly you shouldn't be dealing with UK customers. Oh, and the idea that Indian workers somehow work harder is laughable. Having lived out there and offshored 2 different projects I can assure you that the higher up the caste system you are the better you are at wheedling out of doing anything yourself.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The call centre in India SAVES YOU MONEY. Stop moaning or pay up.

no, the call centre in India saves the company money, its a box to tick in an MBA's "how to improve margins" checklist, before he moves on. then the next one moves it to Manila or brings it back to UK because of the poor service (working to a "how do i improve revenues check list).

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
When I left BT in 2003 my manager said my salary was going to cover the wages of NINE call centre agents in Delhi where the work was being transferred to.

And within three years they had about 400 between Newcastle and Dublin desperately trying to rescue the rapidly leaving customer base. Then I got the hell out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here