Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EE terrible customer service

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My mother called me...she is 90... to tell me she was fed up with her bank, as everytime she called them, an Indian person answered, and she really couldnt understand them...
No more than a couple of weeks later, she changed back to her original bank, as her calls were now being answered by Scottish people, and her description, not mine, was.. 'it just sounded like dogs barking'....

Superb

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
When I left BT in 2003 my manager said my salary was going to cover the wages of NINE call centre agents in Delhi where the work was being transferred to.

We are told this all the time in my current job. I earn more than my senior Indian manager. Luckily, many of the European companies we deal with have more confidence speaking to Europeans, and want us to stay in place. I think more, and more companies are keeping a Euro presence open.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
And if you heard someone say "Oh **** Off." to your wife or mother you'd not consider it rude, and let it go? I doubt it somehow.

No wonder Nibbles phone bill is so huge, if they are paying the memeber of staffs father and brothers to listen to the call as well. Sort it out EE :censored:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
And if you heard someone say "Oh **** Off." to your wife or mother you'd not consider it rude, and let it go? I doubt it somehow.

Maybe I didn't make it clear in my OP. I didn't tell the lady to **** off, merely an exclamation at the end of my point.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We are told this all the time in my current job. I earn more than my senior Indian manager. Luckily, many of the European companies we deal with have more confidence speaking to Europeans, and want us to stay in place. I think more, and more companies are keeping a Euro presence open.

I think its essential to have a UK customer facing team for people to talk to and this will be a considerationw hen investing, taking out a product etc as it can be such a ballache when not.

I can fully understand why large companies may outsource other operational processes such as admin and what not out to Asia.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I am with EE and my reception and coverage is pants ,when it was orange I had no problem at all .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some Fella rang me from EE when I was on a job, I answered as I answer any call being self employed it could be work. He started in on some patter about upgrading. Fine I said but can he call back another time as I'm in the middle of something and I can't talk. His response? "Sir, that is nonsenses, how can you say you can't talk, you are talking now, stop talking nonsenses sir" I told him he was rude and hung up. So no, I really don't think EE staff are fit for purpose. Not their fault, I'd take the work in their position but don't judge mne because I have little time for them.

Please, for the love of God don't go into business for yourself, you'll be broke within a year. Grow up son.

One tip I would recommend from my clearly inadequate business experience would be this, if you do come across a sub-standard product or service it may be more productive to address it directly, rationally and politely then it is to go moaning to an unrelated football message board to look cool in front of your perceived cyber mates. Just a thought Lord Sugar.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First things first. Stop being a ****. Secondly, why should I accept the fact that EE have been over charging me highly, for months and why should I accept that the person dealing with my problem isn't capable of understanding what I'm telling them and why should I accept them still not calling me back 4 and a half hours after they said they would. It's irrelevant where they are or where they are from, what is immensely ****ing relevant is whether they are fit for purpose. I accept a language barrier when I ring a foreign country, however I expect my quite pressing problem (they have barred my phone as I'm refusing to pay what they have charged me, 3 x agreed figure each month!). I am self employed and on the road, I need to be able to phone and text, they are losing me significant amounts of money. I should be cool losing money because EE are too tight to pay and employ staff capable of fixing problems? Come off it, even someone as green as you must have some understanding of that.

Selfish? ****ing right I'm selfish when it comes to a company trying to screw me over and is losing me money, yep, I can be a bit selfish over little things like paying a mortgage and eating.

So before you come on here with your pompous, right on horseshit why don't YOU try to be a bit more accepting?
Indeed.

2 things. Firstly, I feel sorry for the poor fella on the other end of the phone to you if this is how you react to people.
:facepalm:
Secondly, why did you take out or stick with your current deal? I'm guessing that price was a huge determining factor. If I offered you the same deal and a UK based call centre for double the monthly cost would you have taken it? Or do you prefer cheap bills and a very mild language inconvenience occasionally? The call centre in India SAVES YOU MONEY. Stop moaning or pay up.
The call centre in India isn't saving his money is it, he's being charged 3 times what was agreed. When choosing a deal, they didn't explain that the deal would involve him being overcharged, and then having to liaise with someone who can't speak English when he wants it fixed.

I'm about as PC as they get, but that doesn't mean we should accept poor service from rich companies over here.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Seems par for the course across all the networks in my experience.

3 have just started calling me then hanging up. After two of these I call them back, after 5 minutes of impossibly vague keypad options I get through to someone who explains it was an attempt to offer me a new contract. I said I've still got 12 months left, he explained that this was irrelevant, they just wanted to offer me another one on top of this.

Told him please to stop calling about these offers, which gave me a full 48 hours before their next call, followed up with a text asking me seven questions about my contract.

:ffsparr:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
One tip I would recommend from my clearly inadequate business experience would be this, if you do come across a sub-standard product or service it may be more productive to address it directly, rationally and politely then it is to go moaning to an unrelated football message board to look cool in front of your perceived cyber mates. Just a thought Lord Sugar.

Don't get all bitter just because you have been put in your place son, it's how you will learn things in life. As for putting things on a message forum, isn't that what they are for? Just a thought Dorothy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not the Indiaqn employee I have a problem with or that it's in India, believe me I was just as horrified when a Geordie answered my BT query the other week.

A Geordie. Jesus. Just when you thought low cost call centres couldn't get any lower cost.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Customer service is like everything else.

Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.

Indeed.

:facepalm:
The call centre in India isn't saving his money is it, he's being charged 3 times what was agreed. When choosing a deal, they didn't explain that the deal would involve him being overcharged, and then having to liaise with someone who can't speak English when he wants it fixed.

I'm about as PC as they get, but that doesn't mean we should accept poor service from rich companies over here.

It is illegal to triple someone's bill without their consent and without breaching contract. Grow up. This is simply a case of someone not taking responsibility and trying to blame someone else, largely on accent it seems.

"Poor service from rich companies". How old are you? Change contract, it's a free market. Jeez

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Try 02. I've been with them since before they changed their name and have always had a friendly experience when calling them. They've always told me when I could be paying less to and changed my plan to lower my bill. I have never had a bad experience with them in more than a decade of custom.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is illegal to triple someone's bill without their consent and without breaching contract. Grow up. This is simply a case of someone not taking responsibility and trying to blame someone else, largely on accent it seems.

"Poor service from rich companies". How old are you? Change contract, it's a free market. Jeez

I've never read so much twaddle in my life and I did a sociology A level.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It does seem odd that Nibble expects everyone to believe that the company in question have simply started charging him three times an "agreed" figure, doesn't it?

Don't get all bitter just because you have been put in your place son, it's how you will learn things in life. As for putting things on a message forum, isn't that what they are for? Just a thought Dorothy.

Thanks for the advice Nibble. Next time I want to complain about hard working underpaid individuals of colour I'll know how to go about it.

And when I need advice on how to shampoo an office floor to get coffee stains out I'll go to an expert with experience of the matter too no doubt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Now you want me to grow up? Yes it is illegal to triple someone's bill - the OP said that's what's happening, and he's tried to speak to the company to sort it out. It's not always possible to change contract if you're in the middle of one. What is your problem?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here