Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Educating the East End

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Another thread completely derailed by arguments about race.

Sadly an increasing trend on NSC these days.

An increasing trend in the whole country unfortunately...

We live in a globalised society where people buy clothes designed in London, that are made in china, by companies registered in the Cayman Islands, with head offices in New York. Why people can't think about the bigger picture and not just our tiny island is beyond me really.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
My eyesight's fine btw. Each day I walk to work I see women in burqas and hijabs and men in Afriocan dress. When I get my lunch from Dockland Fried Chicken as we do once a week (fantastic spicy kebab in Naan bread btw, much better than the shit they serve in kebab shops in Brighton) there is often an Arabic or Muslim tv channel on. Our work cafe is run by Romanians. However, when I go for a beer I don't have to sign a special disclaimer form and get it from a special fridge like I had to in restaurants in Malaysia. I don't have to barge cows out of the way and dodge monkeys and human excrement like I did in India. There are more black faces than in Warsaw and more white faces than in Bangalore. After a while I just see faces and people though, not colours and burqas.

At least the Muslim women walk their young kids to school unlike the fat white cockney pikey I pass every day who "walks" her kid to school by shouting directions out of her window. Then there was the bloke walking his dog in Alpha Grove next to a family who, I would say by appearance, were East African, probably Somali or Sudanese. They were completely minding their own business until the bloke muttered "look out Bonzo (or whatever the dog was called), you're scaring the fackin' pak*s". You've got to be pretty dumb when you can't even get the right epithet when you're passively aggressively racially abusing someone.

And before bushy mentions it I have said on a previous thread I wouldn't want my kids to go to school in Tower Hamlets. However this is because the local council is as bent as a nine bob note, and the schools, like the one in the program, are JUST good enough so that they don't get special measures funding OR decent teachers.

So of the white people you mention one happens to be a fat pikey mother and the other is a racist thug with a dog. Do you see a pattern evolving here? The only people in this thread who has referred to any race in a derogatory way is you and dibble.
So basically, all the white people you encountered were scum and the people who come from/originate from other countries were wonderful charming upstanding members of society and even though you find them all charming you would not let your children go to school there and you do not live there. As for the openlky white racist in east London, either he was brave or pished. You are trying to hard to be right on and trendy.
The most vociferous people I have met when it comes to expressing concern about the amount of immigrants are the immigrants who have been here 20 years plus or whose parents were born here. Now this could be me making it up as imgo along or it could be that I am around these people everyday and not just trying to play to the right on crowd on a message board, but have it your way.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
My eyesight's fine btw. Each day I walk to work I see women in burqas and hijabs and men in Afriocan dress. When I get my lunch from Dockland Fried Chicken as we do once a week (fantastic spicy kebab in Naan bread btw, much better than the shit they serve in kebab shops in Brighton) there is often an Arabic or Muslim tv channel on. Our work cafe is run by Romanians. However, when I go for a beer I don't have to sign a special disclaimer form and get it from a special fridge like I had to in restaurants in Malaysia. I don't have to barge cows out of the way and dodge monkeys and human excrement like I did in India. There are more black faces than in Warsaw and more white faces than in Bangalore. After a while I just see faces and people though, not colours and burqas.

At least the Muslim women walk their young kids to school unlike the fat white cockney pikey I pass every day who "walks" her kid to school by shouting directions out of her window. Then there was the bloke walking his dog in Alpha Grove next to a family who, I would say by appearance, were East African, probably Somali or Sudanese. They were completely minding their own business until the bloke muttered "look out Bonzo (or whatever the dog was called), you're scaring the fackin' pak*s". You've got to be pretty dumb when you can't even get the right epithet when you're passively aggressively racially abusing someone.

And before bushy mentions it I have said on a previous thread I wouldn't want my kids to go to school in Tower Hamlets. However this is because the local council is as bent as a nine bob note, and the schools, like the one in the program, are JUST good enough so that they don't get special measures funding OR decent teachers.

So of the white people you mention one happens to be a fat pikey mother and the other is a racist thug with a dog. Do you see a pattern evolving here? The only people in this thread who has referred to any race in a derogatory way is you and dibble.
So basically, all the white people you encountered were scum and the people who come from/originate from other countries were wonderful charming upstanding members of society and even though you find them all charming you would not let your children go to school there and you do not live there. As for the openlky white racist in east London, either he was brave or pished. You are trying to hard to be right on and trendy.
The most vociferous people I have met when it comes to expressing concern about the amount of immigrants are the immigrants who have been here 20 years plus or whose parents were born here. Now this could be me making it up as imgo along or it could be that I am around these people everyday and not just trying to play to the right on crowd on a message board, but have it your way. I am just an ignorant racist.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The most vociferous people I have met when it comes to expressing concern about the amount of immigrants are the immigrants who have been here 20 years plus or whose parents were born here. Now this could be me making it up as imgo along or it could be that I am around these people everyday and not just trying to play to the right on crowd on a message board, but have it your way. I am just an ignorant racist.

If you read it properly you'll see I disassociated Tower Hamlets with India because there are (far) more White British in TH. There are loads and I see them every day. That's really part of my point. However, you're correct in one thing, in a year the only incident of racial hatred I've encountered is the white guy with the dog abusing a nice Somali family minding their own business.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008

This. It took less than 5 posts for it to veer off into a completely unrelated racial binfest. Pathetic.

The first episode was great - the kids are (as per Essex & Yorkshire) gobby, stroppy and cocky - but just like the other series, I have a feeling they'll all come across as quite endearing in the end - that is if people can look past their racial prejudices and just see a kid rather than a black kid or a white kid.

The teachers deserve medals for their patience and dedication, the trainee English teacher yesterday was clearly passionate and so determined to get through to the kids, you could see how much he was beating himself up when the poor girl who's mum was ill broke down in the lesson. It's going to be another great series I'd say.

D

Deleted member 22389

The OP actually started it off. He didn't even need to approach the subject. He did that to get a reaction and wind people up, it worked.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Problem kids in areas like East London has nothing to do with colour and everything to do with poverty and disenfranchised kids lacking decent role models.

is the right answer..... and as long as we continue to allow the gap between rich and poor widen things will not get any better.

Irony is that the rich and powerful don't give a shit if you are black white or asian as long as they keep getting rich and we keep bickering amongst ourselves.

D

Deleted member 22389

Fascinating documentary. Funnily enough not seeing a lot of issues caused by multiculturalism but plenty caused by English as as first language kids who are disruptive, lazy, have genuine social issues or are obsessed with modern celebrity culture.

No doubt they'll blame the Eastern Europeans and Islam when they fail rather than looking in the mirror. How anyone teaches in those circumstances is beyond me.

I was expecting some sensible debate about this programme, except you started your thread trying to get a reaction, it worked. I watched the programme last night and didn't even think about these things you mention, and I'm not going to fall in the trap of talking about immigration for the next 24 hours.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The OP actually started it off. He didn't even need to approach the subject. He did that to get a reaction and wind people up, it worked.

I popped in the line about people blaming immigrants because far too many do. When the right start debates on immigration it's because it's "the biggest issue facing this country". When the left do it then it's to be trendy or for a wind up? Ok then.

And I'm not the one spending my evenings trawling the message board of my rival's football team in case anyone says anything nasty about Crystal Palace, Croydon or white people.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The most vociferous people I have met when it comes to expressing concern about the amount of immigrants are the immigrants who have been here 20 years plus or whose parents were born here. Now this could be me making it up as imgo along or it could be that I am around these people everyday and not just trying to play to the right on crowd on a message board, but have it your way.

The whole post pretty much nails it.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
If you read it properly you'll see I disassociated Tower Hamlets with India because there are (far) more White British in TH. There are loads and I see them every day. That's really part of my point. However, you're correct in one thing, in a year the only incident of racial hatred I've encountered is the white guy with the dog abusing a nice Somali family minding their own business.

So there are more white British in Tower Hamlets than there is in India. No shit sherlock, What an observant chap you are, with insight like that you are out of my debating league.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I popped in the line about people blaming immigrants because far too many do. When the right start debates on immigration it's because it's "the biggest issue facing this country". When the left do it then it's to be trendy or for a wind up? Ok then.

And I'm not the one spending my evenings trawling the message board of my rival's football team in case anyone says anything nasty about Crystal Palace, Croydon or white people.

So now the bombshell that there are more white British people in Tower Hamlets, LONDON than there are in India has not put the whole debate to bed, you will resort to me being a palace fan on a Brighton forum. I'm sorry I called you an idiot, I credited you with to much intelligence.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Do you ever stop to think that it might be for the people that HAVE to live in certain areas ? Working in Canary Wharf and going home to portslade every night doesn't get near giving you an insight into how pissed off and desperate a lot of people are.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So now the bombshell that there are more white British people in Tower Hamlets, LONDON than there are in India has not put the whole debate to bed, you will resort to me being a palace fan on a Brighton forum. I'm sorry I called you an idiot, I credited you with to much intelligence.
I've never met him but to be fair guineas boy doesn't seem a bad bloke , just a misguided liberal!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So there are more white British in Tower Hamlets than there is in India. No shit sherlock, What an observant chap you are, with insight like that you are out of my debating league.

Why did you liken it to being in Africa or various Muslim countries then?

D

Deleted member 22389

Do you ever stop to think that it might be for the people that HAVE to live in certain areas ? Working in Canary Wharf and going home to portslade every night doesn't get near giving you an insight into how pissed off and desperate a lot of people are.

Exactly right.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Since you were splitting hairs on Battersea and Clapham the other day I don't work in Canary Wharf. I work a good 15 minute walk away, the 'wrong' way in the middle of an estate.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I've never met him but to be fair guineas boy doesn't seem a bad bloke , just a misguided liberal!

Well I give up. Him and dibble can pat each other on the back about how trendy they are whilst telling me I am a racist. Anyway I'm off to split up with my girlfriend, tell my friends to get lost, take my sons out of their schools and join the BNP.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Since you were splitting hairs on Battersea and Clapham the other day I don't work in Canary Wharf. I work a good 15 minute walk away, the 'wrong' way in the middle of an estate.
Referring to somewhere as 'clapham' when in fact it's actually 'battersea' , and clapham is in fact about a mile and a half away isn't splitting hairs , its correcting something that is quite plainly wrong.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Referring to somewhere as 'clapham' when in fact it's actually 'battersea' , and clapham is in fact about a mile and a half away isn't splitting hairs , its correcting something that is quite plainly wrong.

On that point fair enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here