Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Educating the East End

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I saw a programme a few years ago about teaching in the real east end. Now, there are horrible kids of all colours and persuasions but in the main the teachers said that the Asian kids were a delight to teach, quiet, attentive and very willing to learn, it is drilled into them by their parents to behave and learn because they want them to be doctors, lawyers etc.
I did not see the programme last night but will watch it later today.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have three mates that are teachers in East London, one in Stratford, one in Upton Park and one in Forest Gate.
They all have a wonderful collection of knives, knuckle dusters, home made shanks/shivs etc and one took a real loaded gun off a pupil last year who was 11.
When I worked in A&E at the Royal. London about thirteen years ago,a young Somalian boy of eleven was brought in by Ambulance from a local school. He had been stabbed in the back by another lad of fifteen over an apparent £10 Cannabis deal he hadn't paid up on ,on time.
The blade was a thin pointed twelve inch carving knife that had gone through and torn a hole an inch wide in his Aorta.
Needless to say he died.
And that was thirteen years ago, it's a hundred times worse there now.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Mouthy kids at a school in the East End? Shocking, truly shocking.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Isn't the relevant point not where the school is but where the kids who attend it live? In 2012 it had a "satisfactory" overall OFSTED rating of 3. http://www.bremer.org.uk/assets/Uploads/Ofsted-report-January-2012-2.pdf

Now I'm not a huge fan of OFSTED reports. There is no consistency in the standards required or inspection teams marking them but the fact remains that the majority of parents use them as a quality guide and property bubbles grow around schools with a mark of 1 or 2. Frederick Bremer would be the last choice on most parents' lists or not listed at all, giving it a wide catchment area. You have no better idea of where the kids in that documentary live than I do.

What is a fact is only the other day you likened the whole of East London, which you admit this is in, to Eastern Europe and Asia. What we saw last night was kids with London accents, obsessed with Facebook and the X Factor, disrupting the class for the people who wanted to learn.

I never questioned where they lived, I said it is not typical of an East London school. Oh and I also likened it to Africa and various Muslim countries. Travel through east London one day and tell me I'm wrong.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I never questioned where they lived, I said it is not typical of an East London school. Oh and I also likened it to Africa and various Muslim countries. Travel through east London one day and tell me I'm wrong.

Which Muslim and African Countries?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I work in Tower Hamlets very close to Crossharbour DLR. I've lived in India, worked in Poland and holidayed in Malaysia. You're wrong.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I have three mates that are teachers in East London, one in Stratford, one in Upton Park and one in Forest Gate.
They all have a wonderful collection of knives, knuckle dusters, home made shanks/shivs etc and one took a real loaded gun off a pupil last year who was 11.
When I worked in A&E at the Royal. London about thirteen years ago,a young Somalian boy of eleven was brought in by Ambulance from a local school. He had been stabbed in the back by another lad of fifteen over an apparent £10 Cannabis deal he hadn't paid up on ,on time.
The blade was a thin pointed twelve inch carving knife that had gone through and torn a hole an inch wide in his Aorta.
Needless to say he died.
And that was thirteen years ago, it's a hundred times worse there now.

Small world. I was security there thirteen years ago. It was actually that job that gave me the boot I needed to start my own firm, as I could not imagine doing that much longer. A particular favourite were gangs who wanted to continue the fights at the hospital, some of their families were just as bad as well.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I work in Tower Hamlets very close to Crossharbour DLR. I've lived in India, worked in Poland and holidayed in Malaysia. You're wrong.

Your either blind or an idiot. Failing that you only ever venture onto the isle of dogs where the money is.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I live in an area opposite an estate. The estate is chock full of Folks from all over but mainly Poland, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. By far the most trouble caused around here is by white English teenagers and their drug dealer fathers. My best friends round here are my Sri Lankan friends. The white kids round here are intolerable.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I live in an area opposite an estate. The estate is chock full of Folks from all over but mainly Poland, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. By far the most trouble caused around here is by white English teenagers and their drug dealer fathers. My best friends round here are my Sri Lankan friends. The white kids round here are intolerable.

Yes every white teenager has a drug dealer father. Now if I had said that about black teenagers you would have cried to the mods and called me a racist.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Your either blind or an idiot. Failing that you only ever venture onto the isle of dogs where the money is.

EDS - Grab yourself a cup of coffee and some breakfast, then come back and read the thread again and ask yourself, who won the argument there ? 1-0 to the blind idiot.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yes every white teenager has a drug dealer father. Now if I had said that about black teenagers you would have cried to the mods and called me a racist.

No, there is a group of kiddies whose father's are all well know for dealing drugs. Outside my place a guy drove his car through a group of their kids in some revenge attack over drugs. I've lost count how many times some kid covered in blood had come running into the local pub looking to hide from the local drug dealers around here. So just stop and think before you post, there may be some areas even you don't have a clue about would you believe!

Either way, I'm not debating with Laughing Boy and Chucklehead again over these issues, you're an ignoramus who brings nothing but thinly veiled racism to this board.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
EDS - Grab yourself a cup of coffee and some breakfast, then come back and read the thread again and ask yourself, who won the argument there ? 1-0 to the blind idiot.

There is no argument. My eyesight is perfect and that is really all I need, now unless he is going to totally different parts of east London to me then either my eyesight is failing or his is. My children's mother and her family are from Hackney, some of them still live in east London, Stratford, Leytonstone etc. I am not wildly guessing here. Now it could be I am simply lying due to me being a racist or what I have said is correct. I never commented on the programme itself I said it is not typical of most east end schools.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
There is no argument. My eyesight is perfect and that is really all I need, now unless he is going to totally different parts of east London to me then either my eyesight is failing or his is. My children's mother and her family are from Hackney, some of them still live in east London, Stratford, Leytonstone etc. I am not wildly guessing here. Now it could be I am simply lying due to me being a racist or what I have said is correct. I never commented on the programme itself I said it is not typical of most east end schools.

Oh dear.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Either way, I'm not debating with Laughing Boy and Chucklehead again over these issues, you're an ignoramus who brings nothing but thinly veiled racism to this board.

My girlfriend is mixed race, the vast majority of my friends are 1st or 2nd generation west Indian. You are the ignoramous who has an argument against every subject, you have been there, or this happened. If I said something about cowbiys you would say all your friends are red Indians. I call it living in cloud cuckoo land, maybe you just want to be relevant. Keep calling the racism card though, if that's what you call debating it speaks volumes?
Tell sitting bull I said how.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My girlfriend is mixed race, the vast majority of my friends are 1st or 2nd generation west Indian. You are the ignoramous who has an argument against every subject, you have been there, or this happened. If I said something about cowbiys you would say all your friends are red Indians. I call it living in cloud cuckoo land, maybe you just want to be relevant. Keep calling the racism card though, if that's what you call debating it speaks volumes?
Tell sitting bull I said how.

Pathetic.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another thread completely derailed by arguments about race.

Sadly an increasing trend on NSC these days.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Problem kids in areas like East London has nothing to do with colour and everything to do with poverty and disenfranchised kids lacking decent role models.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

My eyesight's fine btw. Each day I walk to work I see women in burqas and hijabs and men in African dress. When I get my lunch from Dockland Fried Chicken as we do once a week (fantastic spicy kebab in Naan bread btw, much better than the shit they serve in kebab shops in Brighton) there is often an Arabic or Muslim tv channel on. Our work cafe is run by Romanians. However, when I go for a beer I don't have to sign a special disclaimer form and get it from a special fridge like I had to in restaurants in Malaysia. I don't have to barge cows out of the way and dodge monkeys and human excrement like I did in India. There are more black faces than in Warsaw and more white faces than in Bangalore. After a while I just see faces and people though, not colours and burqas.

At least the Muslim women walk their young kids to school unlike the fat white cockney pikey I pass every day who "walks" her kid to school by shouting directions out of her window. Then there was the bloke walking his dog in Alpha Grove next to a family who, I would say by appearance, were East African, probably Somali or Sudanese. They were completely minding their own business until the bloke muttered "look out Bonzo (or whatever the dog was called), you're scaring the fackin' pak*s". You've got to be pretty dumb when you can't even get the right epithet when you're passively aggressively racially abusing someone.

And before bushy mentions it I have said on a previous thread I wouldn't want my kids to go to school in Tower Hamlets. However this is because the local council is as bent as a nine bob note, and the schools, like the one in the program, are JUST good enough so that they don't get special measures funding OR decent teachers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here