Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Edmonton Green Next?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Hooded gangs spotted by my neighbour at my local station near Enfield at 5.45 to ight. Headed opposite way to town so more than likely will kick off in Edmonton Green and / or Ponders End / Hertford Road area (if it hasn't already). Have heard no news but is only a matter off time I reckon.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Mentioned on BBC news about half an hour back, from a Guardian newspaper correspondant, that whoever is organising this has a hit list of locations that they were sending round via blackberry.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Ilford, Peckham, Hackney, Lewisham, Croydon and Brum.

Bloody hell! Saw the fire starting live on tv in Lewisham where woman with rucksack left home surrounded by thugs who then flames the building.

There's gonna be fatalities tonight.

Time for the army to move in with water cannons.

f*** protocol....let the police go in with carte blanch ....anyone there gets a fuckin over, then arrested.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Palmers Green apparently. Mate just seen a couple of girls get smacked by some scumbags. Gangs forming. Not good.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Mentioned on BBC news about half an hour back, from a Guardian newspaper correspondant, that whoever is organising this has a hit list of locations that they were sending round via blackberry.

Yes keep hearing this. Word is spreading like the flames in Croydon! Wish police would broadcast targets to warn residents and dissipate initiatives of the thugs' ringleader(s).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
f***! Which bit? South of Circular? Heard they might target Winchmore bloody Hill!!! Let her family know.

Already have. Winchmore was dangerous last night - never thought I'd say that! Gangs with golf clubs going up and down by the Sainsburys. The trouble in Palmers isn't central yet, just around the roundabout near green dragon.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yes keep hearing this. Word is spreading like the flames in Croydon! Wish police would broadcast targets to warn residents and dissipate initiatives of the thugs' ringleader(s).

There were 'generals' on street corners in Enfield last night, directing the trouble around. Very scary people.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Bloody hell! Saw the fire starting live on tv in Lewisham where woman with rucksack left home surrounded by thugs who then flames the building.

f*** protocol....let the police go in with carte blanch ....anyone there gets a fuckin over, then arrested.

Over reaction!!

The Government will have plans in place for such events, let them do their job and get their plans into place. Absolutely NO REASON for the Army to be involved. It would send out totally the wrong message, at home and abroad. We can't put the Army on the street after two or three days of unrest! We'd be a laughing stock.

No need to panic!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you assume we have water cannon.

The Government will have plans in place for such events, let them do their job and get their plans into place. Absolutely NO REASON for the Army to be involved. It would send out totally the wrong message, at home and abroad. We can't put the Army on the street after two or three days of unrest! We'd be a laughing stock.

agree the Army would be an over-reaction, but theres a distinct lack of any plan being implemented.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

Let the ***** have it, if you behave like that, then sorry but you are fair game for the police. Sorry but as this happens The Police are not dealing with this properly....Feck racism, let these idiots f***ing have it, teach them a lesson and send in the troops. Anyone who comes on here with their fluffy, well its down to society quotes you are quite clearly a twat of the highest order. My son is at home, well behaved and disciplined as always and always will be, it's called good parenting. If your child is not within your eye site right now you, and only you should question yourself as a so called parent. It's people like you that make me physically sick as you blame everyone else....it's down to one word DISCIPLINE !! no more, no less

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] checking Twitter moments ago:
ETqWZ.gif

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

agree the Army would be an over-reaction, but theres a distinct lack of any plan being implemented.

These disturbances are nothing compared to the Brixton, Tottenham and Toxteth riots in the eighties. In my opinion, it just LOOKS worse because you can watch it live on T.V, and social networks. COBRA will meet soon i assume and the already well drilled plans will be executed, of that i'm sure. The PM is on holiday, so give him a chance to get back!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea

We do have water cannons but they need government approval.

Call it an over-reaction if you will but this to me is an expected and long-overdue situation that won't be an isolated incident.

Did you see the footage earlier? It's a multi riot zone - to me that equals army....police are hugel outnumbered. They are only containing and filming.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We do have water cannons but they need government approval.

Call it an over-reaction if you will but this to me is an expected and long-overdue situation that won't be an isolated incident.

Did you see the footage earlier? It's a multi riot zone - to me that equals army....police are hugel outnumbered. They are only containing and filming.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Actually, our water cannon are in Ulster. Fact. And why would the government need permission from itself to use them? I'm assuming you read the Daily Mail?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here