Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EDL in Sheffield

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Approaching the war memorial to pay their 'respects' to Lee Rigby on Saturday - seem to be differing views, but is that a mass Nazi salute (or their own version of one)? Looks like it to me.

BMP_SIDCIAA8q-0.jpg:large

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Perhaps they've all spotted their relatives in the waiting crowd and they're just giving them a cheery wave?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Approaching the war memorial to pay their 'respects' to Lee Rigby on Saturday - seem to be differing views, but is that a mass Nazi salute (or their own version of one)? Looks like it to me.

Mischievous post. They're not saluting, they're chanting. I think it's fantastic that a group of people have got the,selves organised to show support for our troops. Shame people feel the need to turn up and spoil it.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Few videos on YouTube of UAF and Muslims afterwards ripping up flowers that were laid.

Those that tarnish every EDL member with the same brush don't seem to hold the same standards about that though.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Quite obviously isn't .......

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I would far rather see respect paid to our war dead than to see a memorial defiled in any way, irrespective of political views.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I would have thought the EDL would keep their gestures as far away from Nazi salutes as possible. Why they feel the need to go lay wreaths mob handed I will never know.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012
Ive noticed nowhere on the uaf site is there condemnation of the 6 Racist terrorists sentenced yesterday.6 racist terrorists of pakistani/muslim extraction who would of quite happily killed woman and children indiscriminatley.
I can only take it uaf support terrorists and terrorism,As they are always anti edl who stand up against extremist islamists.Oh there is a lot of silence from Muslim council of Britain as well.Why are they so quiet?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
but we are talking about the EDL, not the UAF...why do you want to distract from that?

and stop lying about EDL standing up to extremists.....that day has long past.

redhill seagull 66

May 25, 2012

Maybe we are all nazis when we chant seagulls,seagulls?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I dont think the Sheffield pic is a Nazi salute, but there are plenty to choose from.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...j4-1.2.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.5c4TK1LL1E4

What I suspect people object about is the EDL politicizing the boys death, as I saw on one FB page, described as an opportunity.......

Do you actually spend your life trawling the Internet for stuff about the EDL? Who's Facebook page were you looking at? Your-all consuming curiosity about them is bizarre, I'm sure they'd let you join you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here