Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eden Hazard

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And to think now your year 7 students will see that if you use the 'cheating culture', you're actually going to prosper, rewarded, and gain a bit of a hero cult status in your 15 minutes of fame. That feigning injury and being a pussy is praised as a hero.

He kicks the ball, not the boy in the ribs.

This.

There happened to be a cheat lying over the ball.

If it was assault, Hazard would now be down Swansea police station.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Hazard pushed him over and then started to try and get him up by pulling him about. You can't even see the ball in any of the shots as the boy has a baggy coat on. You're just making stuff up!

What makes me laugh is that in the first half Hazard was rolling around trying to get a free kick pretending to be injured, Chelsea then win the ball and it breaks to him and he jumps up and sprints after it only to be offside! If you're complaining that the ball boy exaggerated, f*** me, did you not see Hazard throughout the game!!!

Please, enlighten me as to where I condone Hazard's first half behaviour? That's not really the issue at hand here INITIALLY. The point is the ball boy is being praised for being a pussy. He is being praised for making the most of it. Hazard was not praised in the first half for his actions, and rightfully so, because it's a disgrace to feign injury like that only to be fine. But it's a common part of the game that needs eradicating. But instead of eradicating it here, we're praising it!

You must be looking through a completely different set of spectacles to me and all my housemates if that's what you saw.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here is what actually happened:

Ball goes out of play, ball boy retrieves ball however decides to hold on to it and time waste. Hazard, noticing this, goes to retrieve to get the ball. However, the ball boy decides to start a ruck and lie on top of the ball (thus wasting time). After waiting a few seconds for the ball boy not to move, Hazard notices the gap below his body where he can kick the ball out of. Hazard then kicks the BALL. Not the boy's ribs as people are trying to say. He kicks the FOOTBALL. The ball boy then goes down in a heap of agony, as if he had been shot.

The boy is now being praised, for making the most of minimal (if any) contact, and generally being a massive pussy. He is being rewarded for this, labelled a hero.

Yet this is something everyone wants eradicated from the game. Players to stop this diving/pussy culture. Yet if Hazard is banned and the ball boy gets away with it, football is reinforcing the idea to youngsters that the 'cheating' culture will enable you to prosper. Disgraceful.

100% spot on.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Anyone Remember many years ago at the goldstone when The head 'ball boy' was 38+ year old called Keith Kuss. right near the end of the game, the ball bounced towards him at the east stand touchline, Instead of grabbing the ball.
He headed it backwards into the crowd...And as a result, The Referee actually sent him off..LOL.

Anyway, My point being that it's down to the officials to sort out this time wasting, not a frustrated player physically assaulting him..

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
It is funny, especially people complaining about the ballboy feigning injury when Hazard had been doing it all game, Ba had taken a dive to try to win a pen, not to mention Ramieres taking a dive against Arsenal. But hey, lets have a go at a ball boy for setting a bad example for exaggerating!

Brilliant result for football. Bradford v Swansea, just goes to show money can't buy you love or necessarily silverware!

Couldn't agree more, if I was in the position of the ballboy I would of done exactly the same thing, too good a chance to miss.

And as for the final, although probably not one for the purists is what football should be all about. I'll watch it, whereas if it would of been Chelsea/Man Utd probably wouldn't of.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Please, enlighten me as to where I condone Hazard's first half behaviour? That's not really the issue at hand here INITIALLY. The point is the ball boy is being praised for being a pussy. He is being praised for making the most of it. Hazard was not praised in the first half for his actions, and rightfully so, because it's a disgrace to feign injury like that only to be fine. But it's a common part of the game that needs eradicating. But instead of eradicating it here, we're praising it!

You must be looking through a completely different set of spectacles to me and all my housemates if that's what you saw.

Sorry, who is praising him?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ive never seen a ball boy cheat or be part of cheating so blatantly and for so long as that. I hope it isnt the start of yet anothe type of cheating (legit gamesmanship to idiots).

I know what you mean.

Didn't a ballboy once kind of lean against a post in a match and when the ball came his way he.... errr, helped it into the goal and as the ball was in play the goal had to stand?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Ballboy deserved a kick, hazard deserved a card for getting involved. Simple really.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sad thing is he was brought in (he says) to manage the ball boys and organise timewasting.
His admission BEFORE the match.

Now tell me that no-one at Swansea knew or was involved in what he planned?

Hope tbe gutter press dont reward him but as they have equally high standards............

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Without over-moralising, I thought it was fair enough. Blatant lack of intelligence from the brat, tiny kick from Hazard and he is crying like a baby. No sympathy from me there.

It's not as bad as some people are making out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here