Sep 5, 2010
Canada
8408546405_8cd7e7296f_o.gif

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Here is what actually happened:

Ball goes out of play, ball boy retrieves ball however decides to hold on to it and time waste. Hazard, noticing this, goes to retrieve to get the ball. However, the ball boy decides to start a ruck and lie on top of the ball (thus wasting time). After waiting a few seconds for the ball boy not to move, Hazard notices the gap below his body where he can kick the ball out of. Hazard then kicks the BALL. Not the boy's ribs as people are trying to say. He kicks the FOOTBALL. The ball boy then goes down in a heap of agony, as if he had been shot.

The boy is now being praised, for making the most of minimal (if any) contact, and generally being a massive pussy. He is being rewarded for this, labelled a hero.

Yet this is something everyone wants eradicated from the game. Players to stop this diving/pussy culture. Yet if Hazard is banned and the ball boy gets away with it, football is reinforcing the idea to youngsters that the 'cheating' culture will enable you to prosper. Disgraceful.

Hazard pushed him over and then started to try and get him up by pulling him about. You can't even see the ball in any of the shots as the boy has a baggy coat on. You're just making stuff up!

What makes me laugh is that in the first half Hazard was rolling around trying to get a free kick pretending to be injured, Chelsea then win the ball and it breaks to him and he jumps up and sprints after it only to be offside! If you're complaining that the ball boy exaggerated, f*** me, did you not see Hazard throughout the game!!!

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
whatever the ballboy may have done wrong, there is never an excuse to kick a young boy in the ribs while he is down...let alone on live tv...and then to smirk and not show any remorse...a professional and role model? And to think one of my Year 7 students looks up to him as a "hero"...needs to be the bigger man and just let the ref add on the time, not assault a kid! Must make a public apology!

And to think now your year 7 students will see that if you use the 'cheating culture', you're actually going to prosper, rewarded, and gain a bit of a hero cult status in your 15 minutes of fame. That feigning injury and being a pussy is praised as a hero.

He kicks the ball, not the boy in the ribs.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Yes, the only prick is the ball boy, not the multi million pound professional footballer getting involved...:dunce:

Ha ha ha. Regardless of the wrongs and rights, it's all very funny. That ball boy doesn't half milk it.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This, he tried to kick the ball from under him. Wasn't a big kick, but the kids rolling around like he's got three broken ribs! Why was the ball boy lying on the ball. Man up!!

(hope he hasn't got 3 broken ribs!)

Would you have the same opinion if theo Walcott does the same to 1 of our ball boys on Saturday

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The ballboy was a prick for not releasing the ball.

Hazard was a prick for kicking out, regardless of his intentions.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
And to think now your year 7 students will see that if you use the 'cheating culture', you're actually going to prosper, rewarded, and gain a bit of a hero cult status in your 15 minutes of fame. That feigning injury and being a pussy is praised as a hero.

He kicks the ball, not the boy in the ribs.

ballboy is by no means innocent, didn't act properly IF he was wasting time...however, nothing excuses assaulting a kid...Hazard should be the bigger "man"

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I didn't even think it was that bad, looked like he kicked the ball from underneath him.

I've got a short fuse and would have just kicked him in the face to get the ball back if he wouldn't give it!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ha ha ha. Regardless of the wrongs and rights, it's all very funny. That ball boy doesn't half milk it.

It is funny, especially people complaining about the ballboy feigning injury when Hazard had been doing it all game, Ba had taken a dive to try to win a pen, not to mention Ramieres taking a dive against Arsenal. But hey, lets have a go at a ball boy for setting a bad example for exaggerating!

Brilliant result for football. Bradford v Swansea, just goes to show money can't buy you love or necessarily silverware!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Dunno why the discussion on this is so polarised.

Ball boy was a disgrace for "cheating" (if you can call it that, I think it was just a kid being a dickhead).

Hazard was a disgrace for kicking out at him - professional footballers should know they can't do that.

The people claiming the ballboy was pushed are laughable!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here