Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddy Izzard

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He does like to mention that his granny comes from a humble background in Bexhill, doesn't he? Next time you see his standup look out for the references. Not so keen to mention his oil executive father or public school background though. No idea why.

Why did he make two one hour documentaries for the BBC called Meet the Izzards then - one from his mothers line and one from his fathers and talked with his Dad and about his family!

Perhaps he is trying to hide it by talking about it - cleaver

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why did he make two one hour documentaries for the BBC called Meet the Izzards then - one from his mothers line and one from his fathers and talked with his Dad and about his family!

Perhaps he is trying to hide it by talking about it - cleaver

Well, that makes it even more curious then. I can't say I've seen those programmes but I have seen him live 4 or 5 times and a few DVDs and every time he has mentioned his working-class gran but never his dad. Ah well, it's one of life's little mysteries, a bit like whether it's him that inspires Nicola Sturgeon to look the way she does or vice versa.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well, that makes it even more curious then. I can't say I've seen those programmes but I have seen him live 4 or 5 times and a few DVDs and every time he has mentioned his working-class gran but never his dad. Ah well, it's one of life's little mysteries, a bit like whether it's him that inspires Nicola Sturgeon to look the way she does or vice versa.

Watch them if your interested in his heritage, he talks to his Dad loads and also about his Mum who died when he was only 6 so he doesn't remember her. I don't think its any mystery he is a performer and writes various things to meet his shows needs, some true and some fiction I am sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=motZBQvKkMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N8HuLDjt9o

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I'm sorry but he grew up in Bexhill? And he's still a palace fan? It doesn't matter how many marathons you run, the guy is still clearly a moron. Maybe he feels he's paying his penance

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He does like to mention that his granny comes from a humble background in Bexhill, doesn't he? Next time you see his standup look out for the references. Not so keen to mention his oil executive father or public school background though. No idea why.

To be fair his dad has done a lot of charity work himself and is a very decent person

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm sorry but he grew up in Bexhill? And he's still a palace fan? It doesn't matter how many marathons you run, the guy is still clearly a moron. Maybe he feels he's paying his penance

I'm sure there are Brighton fan families in Croydon, what's the difference :shrug:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Did a lap of honour at half-time at SP today to a standing ovation from both Palace and Norwich fans alike.

Top bloke it has to be said. I admire anyone who can be who they want to be and not give a shit about what anyone else thinks. Great lippy too - midnight rose I think it was. Was he wearing his slingbacks for the lap of honour?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
And if he'd put that briefcase in the right frickin place Hitler would have been brown bread!

Edit - that was the short arse Cruise!

Mar 2, 2016
Top bloke it has to be said. I admire anyone who can be who they want to be and not give a shit about what anyone else thinks. Great lippy too - midnight rose I think it was. Was he wearing his slingbacks for the lap of honour?

Who cares? We won.

And we've got a cup semi final to look forward to as well. And Eddie will be there.

Everything's coming up Izzard.
:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here