Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eddy Izzard

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He does like to mention that his granny comes from a humble background in Bexhill, doesn't he? Next time you see his standup look out for the references. Not so keen to mention his oil executive father or public school background though. No idea why.
I never knew he had a humble granny or a private education... I just knew that he is amazingly funny, does hard work for charity and has an amazing social conscience, ah well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes he achieved something great for charity. But he's scum, unforgiveable and I don't give a monkeys what any Palarse fan thinks about what I think.

If you feel that the football club a person supports is reflective of their character, despite endless personal sacrifice in the cause of others, then it is a poor reflection on your values.

You may not care what Palace fans think, but does it not concern you, since it appears that your tribal football affiliation comes before much else, that most Albion fans will have a poor view of your opinion ?

Many of us will jest about his Palace affiliations. When it starts seeping into our real world view it's time to look inwards.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jimmy Savile used to run marathons & raised millions for charity. It didn't make him a nice bloke.

That's because his charitable pursuits were a smoke screen for what was already known to be a repugnant character.

I'm not sure why he needs mentioning.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
What a woman!

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
He does like to mention that his granny comes from a humble background in Bexhill, doesn't he? Next time you see his standup look out for the references. Not so keen to mention his oil executive father or public school background though. No idea why.

Yes! He obviously has put no effort in, it's all his background...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I never knew he had a humble granny or a private education... I just knew that he is amazingly funny, does hard work for charity and has an amazing social conscience, ah well.

"Its not where your from its where your at" - as a great man once said.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Good man. That is quite an achievement. He changed his route from the last time he tried this, which is a shame as I was going to go and give him some friendly encouragement. I live near where Mandela was captured in 1962 and his original plan was to end a marathon at that site but he injured himself before he got this far.

Great stuff though - he must be a hell of a lot fitter than he looks!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes he achieved something great for charity. But he's scum, unforgiveable and I don't give a monkeys what any Palarse fan thinks about what I think.
What about what Albion fans think? I'm assuming that won't bother you either to be honest.

Great achievement from Izzard, knighthood in the post at some point in the future I suspect.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ok - congratulations, well done. Now do one you ugly, cross-dressing palace ****.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'll forgive his misguidance in the world of football, what an achievement. A few disrespectful remarks on here....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't find him that funny meself, couldn't care less about how he dresses, or what football team he supports as it's all irrelevant (other than the 'funny' bit I guess as it's given him the fame to be able to put to good use) to what he's done - it's a fantastic achievement

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Don't find him that funny meself, couldn't care less about how he dresses, or what football team he supports as it's all irrelevant (other than the 'funny' bit I guess as it's given him the fame to be able to put to good use) to what he's done - it's a fantastic achievement

,I met him once in Bexhill what a nasty person when no cameras about, having said that what a wonderful achievement he has just done. I will forgive him for being a ar-----e then !

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Can't see what this has to do with his fine achievement.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As a comedian i would not go to see him even if i was given a free ticket. His achievement and the money raised however is great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here