Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] ECHR

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I saw some programme in the States about the way that poultry and livestock farming has been industialised on a massive scale. It seems that the US Government is quite happy to let the industry self regulate and only acted following outbreaks of ecoli and salmonella poisoning resulting in consumer deaths.

Coming to a farm near you in the not too distant future

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Planning permissions don't apply. Look at the 'Solent Freeport' All 'sounding very positive' about Southampton, but why does the area include the New Forest? Greenbelt? What Greenbelt?
The Tories talk about Freeports as being an innovation but Cameron ditched them in 2012 (so were allowed in the EU) They will end up being tax free money laundering areas, with no rights for the residents.
GB PLC.
The Plymouth freeport includes all of Dartmoor

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Boris Johnson as Mayor of London, introduced the ULEZ scheme. Sadiq Khan is Mayor of London now, but Grant Schapps is Minister for Transport, told Khan he had to extend the scheme or it would affect the funding from government for TFL (Transport for London)

Do you see how easy it is to deceive people?

Yes, very easy...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I saw some programme in the States about the way that poultry and livestock farming has been industialised on a massive scale. It seems that the US Government is quite happy to let the industry self regulate and only acted following outbreaks of ecoli and salmonella poisoning resulting in consumer deaths.

Coming to a farm near you in the not too distant future
But it does result in lower consumer prices, from my experience US supermarkets seem more expensive than the UK. This is surprisingly considering lower standards. Either the supply chain in inefficient or someone is creaming off the profit

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
This government wants to remove people's human rights. Totally absurd, we would become a pariah state like Russia

They are completely out of control. We need an emergency General election now, they have completely screwed this country and have to be removed. we can't have another year of this, they have completely lost the plot and very few people support their policies
I’ll think you will find England has more human rights than just about any other country in Europe. Not sure what the fuss is about , of course England will never become like Russia or China or Iran or Saudi etc

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ll think you will find England has more human rights than just about any other country in Europe. Not sure what the fuss is about , of course England will never become like Russia or China or Iran or Saudi etc
"It can't happen here"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
"That Khan is expanding" - yes.

Anyway, argument is as pointless as it is unacceptable on a thread for rants against the Government (which I'm not much enamoured with either!) so I'm out! :)

I agree. Any argument based on a series of lies swallowed hook, line and sinker and then regurgitated without any checking whether they are valid, is always going to be pointless. And is probably best run away from to save further embarrassment :lolol:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
English exceptionalism strikes again. World beating human rights

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yes, very easy...

Um - that only confirms what so many have said on here. That the Tory national government is supportive of ULEZ as a concept/policy. They've spotted a political football to kick around with the broader expansion Sadiq Khan is pushing, but the overall fact remains: the Tories are far more supportive of ULEZ than their London-based local branches would have us all believe.

Boris started ULEZ, Shapps linked TFL funding to the first expansion. Other Tories have commented on how successful it has been in improving inner-London air quality. It is nothing more than desperate political points-scoring and gaslighting for the Tories to now be putting it all on Sadiq Khan's plate.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
But it does result in lower consumer prices, from my experience US supermarkets seem more expensive than the UK. This is surprisingly considering lower standards. Either the supply chain in inefficient or someone is creaming off the profit
Having seen the conditions those animals had to live in I would prefer to pay a bit more so they could be kept in better conditions.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
"That Khan is expanding" - yes.

Anyway, argument is as pointless as it is unacceptable on a thread for rants against the Government (which I'm not much enamoured with either!) so I'm out! :)
Think you owe someone an apology!!! Johnson brought it in and Shapps made the extension a condition of the settlement for finances of TFL that were severely hit by the lockdown!!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
who's proud to be British right now?
Absolutely, the stupid EHCR. We never wanted anything to do with it.

I bet it was the GERMANS who wrote it.

Yes, it was the.... oh.....that can't be correct

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, very easy...

Update 10 August 2023

We’ve updated this article to include more detail about the government’s proposal to extend the Congestion Charge zone.

The government's proposal. Not Labour Sadiq Khan.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Tory thinking, we removed the following human rights to:
Strike, well those nasty railworkers, teachers, doctors, airport workers, etc., can't be seen to be winning
Protest, we can't have people pointing out we've done anything wrong.

So what's left - Oh yes, the horrible boat people, and the left wing woke lawyers that stop us sending these oiks to some remote island to be forgotten about.

So lets just tear up the ECHR. Our supporters will back us, as anything that starts with European they are totally against. And anyone who wants us to keep providing Human Rights we can say are supporters of those nasty foreigners, and left wing loonies, and don't back an independent Britain, and would rather see us crawl back to the EU.

Bound to be a vote winner.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I can just imagine the level of intelligence and accuracy in the debates.

“But we voted to leave”

“The ECHR is a different entity that we helped set up”

“Yeah but……we voted to leave!”

Angry Looney Tunes GIF by Bombay Softwares
Telegraph and Express hedging bets - just reporting with their normal snidey headlines

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Having seen the conditions those animals had to live in I would prefer to pay a bit more so they could be kept in better conditions.
I don't often buy meat these days, usually just an enormous chicken for Christmas, but when I do I buy from a particular farm somewhere in the Midlands. It's massively more expensive than buying a slimy water logged chicken breast from Tesco but I'm much happier about it, ethically speaking.

Though I'm basically vegetarian these days so perhaps this Christmas I won't even bother with that.

el punal

who's proud to be British right now?
I am. But that’s nothing to do with politics in the current climate. The Tories have definitely bollocksed things up aside from that there’s a huge amount of things to be proud of in Britain. I can’t be arsed to list them all but suffice to say every country has its good and bad bits.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It is facism, and we have the electoral power to crush it

Vote tactically at the next election and get as many Tory facists removed from power, otherwise we will be just like Hungary. We are so much better than this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here