Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ebay

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I really can't be bothered with ebay. I think I've bought one, maybe two items in my life. Too much hassle, far too much stuff that can go wrong. In my opinion it's probably the biggest single overhyped thing on the internet and I just don't bother with it.

Although, saying that, I have bought and sold some cracking things on there. Made a tidy profit selling my Mk3 Cortina on eBay; sold a gorgeous artdeco sideboard for £1.50 :lolol:

Swings and roundabouts.

Although, saying that, I have bought and sold some cracking things on there. Made a tidy profit selling my Mk3 Cortina on eBay; sold a gorgeous artdeco sideboard for £1.50 :lolol:

Swings and roundabouts.
Damn I missed a bargain there :)

I think I tried to sell something once. It was a complete waste of time, no bids at all, and of course I had to pay listing fees. I've not bothered selling anything on it since.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's very much swings and roundabouts.

My mate picked up a big fat Toshiba Telly with stand and speakers, including a mega subwoofer for just a tenner 3 years ago.

I picked up 8 Sega Dreamcast consoles for £9 the lot last year. Cleaned them up, gave them a bit of paint then resold them on eBay as "Limited Edition" custom retro machines with a few £2.50 games picked up from gamestation in town thrown in. Got between £25 and £70 for each one.

The real money maker at the moment is street art however. My housemate is a big Banksy, D*Face and Faile fan. He keeps an eye out for new prints, snaps them up and knows that once they're sold out their value rockets on eBay.

It's gotten to the point where he's started printing off simple Photoshop designs he's done himself on his laptop and people are paying over £100 for them. Art Republic even got on the bandwagon and based on their online popularity have bought a run of prints he's done. Prints that anyone with a basic understanding of Photoshop could knock up in minutes.

If anyone's passing Art Republic and see's Snow White's head on some vaguely arousing body, that's his. 2 minute job, £70 a pop. Unreal

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It's gotten to the point where he's started printing off simple Photoshop designs he's done himself on his laptop and people are paying over £100 for them. Art Republic even got on the bandwagon and based on their online popularity have bought a run of prints he's done. Prints that anyone with a basic understanding of Photoshop could knock up in minutes.

If anyone's passing Art Republic and see's Snow White's head on some vaguely arousing body, that's his. 2 minute job, £70 a pop. Unreal

Nice little earner :)

*note to self: blag copy of Photoshop from work*

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Come to think of it, one of my mates has a nice little seasonal earner on eBay - goes to the posh department store Christmas sales and blags all the over-sized designer / trendy trainers at cut-price deals.

Then sells them on eBay for huge profit! People with unfeasibly large feet like trendy trainers, too :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here