Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ebay

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
quick question....if im selling an item and somebody places a winning bid however does not pay for the item despite numerous messages to that individual from myself...if i leave them negative feedback can they leave me feedback even if they have failed to pay for the item?

im dealing with a couple of buyers with no feedback and am worried they are going to try and tarnish my 100% feedback if i leave them bad feedback...even though of course i have been a model seller.

any help appreciated.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Yes they can BUT you can post a comment on their feedback ..

Also if you feel its unjust you can ask ebay to remove it :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ebay are a bunch of twats. I bought two tickets to see The Cure at Wemberlee tomorrow night, the seller has done a runner, and Ebay won't provide any details unless I instruct a solicitor to contact their offices in Luxembourg where they hide behind secrecy laws.

I am actually being visited by the local police about this in the next half hour, as by all accounts Ebay fraud is running riot.

They want their commission, but members can go f*** themselves as far as Ebay are concerned.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Ebay are a bunch of twats. I bought two tickets to see The Cure at Wemberlee tomorrow night, the buyer has done a runner,

Aren't you the buyer ???

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
The eBay policy is as follows:

Feedback left by a member who bid on or purchased an item solely to have the opportunity to leave negative Feedback for the seller, with no intention of completing the transaction. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis, and the final decision will be made by eBay.

However, the chances of them doing anything about it whatsoever are slim to none. They're completely useless and as El Pres points outs, don't give two shits about anyone using the site just as long as they get their cut. A buyer using Paypal (now part of eBay) can do a chargeback to the seller once they've received the goods (i.e. get their money back without the seller's consent) and there's bugger all eBay will do about it.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
so as a seller who will be charged a final value fee for selling an item that he has never actually recieved money for...is there any way of claiming back this fee, even though its only a matter of a few quid....ive attempted to do this before but its never worked:angry:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
so as a seller who will be charged a final value fee for selling an item that he has never actually recieved money for...is there any way of claiming back this fee, even though its only a matter of a few quid....ive attempted to do this before but its never worked:angry:

Yes you can, but it's a right pain in the arse and takes a few weeks.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

In theory, yes. In practice, eBay don't give a toss. Their attitude seems to be "we've got our cut, bollocks to you".

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

NO, you need to file an unpaid item claim http://rebulk.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateDispute and you will not be charged for the sale and your'll even be able to re-list your item for free.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
There's a big row at the moment over eBay's rule changes meaning only buyers can leave feedback as opposed to both parties. It is due to be introduced here in the UK shortly and many power sellers are planning on staging mass boycotts of eBay as they fear there will be no incentive now for buyers to leave positive feedback and worse yet, these buyers may even be tempted to leave negative feedback should their purchase not turn up immediately in outstanding condition because they no longer have any fear of retaliatory feedback.

You can easily claim your final value and listing fees back simply by opening an unpaid item dispute, which will usually result in your PayPal account being creditied within about 10 days should the non-paying buyer fail to respond or offer any evidence that they have made payment.

However, going back to your original question, at the moment the non paying seller CAN leave retaliatory feedback to tarnish your feedback score BUT most serious eBayers are savvy enough to know that if you've been left a neg by another user who has a very low feedback score then it really isn't worth worrying about.

However, this is all due to change so if I were you I'd leave the negative for the non-payer (unless you can get hold of him/her to find out why they've not paid) and then if they dare leave you anything back you can easily respond to this, referring anyone else who looks to the other eBayers poor feedback score and failure to pay or communicate with you.

But do this now before the rule change otherwise the opportunity will be lost and other users won't know that this user who's let you down cannot be trusted.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
cheers for all the advice....ive sold over 100 items but never had any non payers until this week where ive had two! w@nkers...i have to say if ebay are going to introduce some of these new laws mentioned, then whats the incentive for sellers to use ebay? ebay already make a huge cut of anything sold through listing and final value fees:censored:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
cheers for all the advice....ive sold over 100 items but never had any non payers until this week where ive had two! w@nkers...i have to say if ebay are going to introduce some of these new laws mentioned, then whats the incentive for sellers to use ebay? ebay already make a huge cut of anything sold through listing and final value fees:censored:

This is exactly why there's such a big fuss over the proposals. Have a quick google on the matter, I think you'll find there's an awful lot of upset traders venting their spleen all over.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I had neg left for me by a guy who waited untill the very last minute (90 days). When I saw he had left neg I couldn't retaliate.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
A buyer using Paypal (now part of eBay) can do a chargeback to the seller once they've received the goods (i.e. get their money back without the seller's consent) and there's bugger all eBay will do about it.

This happened to a workmate of mine - he sent a mobile 'phone to a buyer in Thailand who had paid via Paypal. The buyer then claimed he'd never received it (despite the package having been tracked to him) and Paypal lifted the money back out of my mate's bank account. Cheating bastard buyer was then left with phone and money, and my mate could do f*** all about it without involving international police.

Paypal is great for small purchases, but don't accept it as payment for anything of significant value.

Bought a watch, it didn't work etc.

After tenious struggle with seller, he threatened me with negative feedback againgst our 100% buying record!!

Ebay. Never replied, even though i had a e-mail string clearly identifying seller threats etc.

LC

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
eBay is a machine. Don't ever think your disputes with bidders, buyers and sellers will ever reach a human, no matter how important you may think your business is to them.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
eBay is a machine. Don't ever think your disputes with bidders, buyers and sellers will ever reach a human, no matter how important you may think your business is to them.

Sadly, that's true. I've sent countless complaint emails to eBay over the year, sometimes explaining the deficiencies and bugs in their site (as well as complaints about other eBayers) and all I ever get are replies, purporting to come from from a 'human', that have clearly been automated. Either that or the 'human' replying is thick as shit and being as awkward and unhelpful as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here