Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EB at the Amex

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Didn't he put in a transfer request six weeks after signing a new contract and then refused to play in a match or two when the club played hardball?

He had the opportunity to leave us in January but decided to stay until the end of the season because he knew how important he was in our objective for promotion. He dealt with the situation better than most footballers would've.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
replace Gardner in front of Holla and JFC i would think.

Could also play right back..

I would like to see him play in Gardner's place and interact with the overlapping full back so that he gets down the wing when he can. Colunga does the same on the left so we still get players wide. Hope Ince plays the central role with Holla just behind. However, I think Gardener will play and we will lose again as we start with ten men if he plays. I live in hope that a 4-0 win is around the corner.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He had the opportunity to leave us in January but decided to stay until the end of the season because he knew how important he was in our objective for promotion. He dealt with the situation better than most footballers would've.

Did he ever withdraw the transfer request, or did we just agree that if he stayed and helped out then we would guarantee to accept an offer from Norwich at the end of the season?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
My main worry is the fans reaction to him playing 'badly'. I can't see him really fitting into our system, he won't be hugging the sidelines but how will he cope being more central? Lua Lua doesn't look at all effective in the middle, takes a long range shot that's likely to hit the bloke on seat 100 row X than going in, I can't recall a single assist this season so far (of course, likely to be wrong here). I can't see Bennett being anymore effective, I don't see the harm in getting him into the squad, it won't certainly make it any worse. I simply can't see how it'll help.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
My main worry is the fans reaction to him playing 'badly'. I can't see him really fitting into our system, he won't be hugging the sidelines but how will he cope being more central? Lua Lua doesn't look at all effective in the middle, takes a long range shot that's likely to hit the bloke on seat 100 row X than going in, I can't recall a single assist this season so far (of course, likely to be wrong here). I can't see Bennett being anymore effective, I don't see the harm in getting him into the squad, it won't certainly make it any worse. I simply can't see how it'll help.

I'm sure I recall Benno playing more central than on the wing for us in our title winning season.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If he didn't say "I remember this when it was all fields" on his return to the Amex, I'd be v disappointed.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I don't think that Bennett will play 'badly', however he isn't a miracle worker and understandably it may take him two or three games to fit into our system. So the fans need to be patient and give him a chance. He is an intelligent player with 30+ Prem appearances but will be obliged to do what Sami tells him - and hope the other players will be on his wavelength. Plus he hasn't featured much for Norwich since his long lay off.

I wouldn't rule out Bennett playing centrally in Sami's formation. Personally I suspect we might see him at wing back or wide midfield. It would be a surprise to see him played as a winger as Sami's book of tactics does not feature them. Plus Bennett did play a pseudo wing back role at times for Norwich under Lambert and Hughton.

I look forward to seeing Benno back in an Albion shirt and hope he is sufficiently successful that we pursue a permanent deal, but not too good that Norwich see him as indispensable!

I saw a cameo from Benno when he came as sub against Watford this season - he certainly played wide, although not as an out and out winger, but he still fizzed a couple of dangerous low crosses across the penalty area. He certainly didn't lump aimless balls into vacant spaces. More of that please Benno!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Fair enough! We are in no position to damn the bloke before he's kicked a ball for us......

I really hope that Bennett will help Baldock, Colunga and CMS to cash in. I also fancy Benno to score a goal or two and enhance his own reputation with us.

As do I, if he can cut inside and play through balls, they'll rep the rewards

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
I think Lua Lua got one against Charlton ? A cross that Dunky (Who Else) put in the back of the net ?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Is EB even fit at the moment? He certainly hasn't played much for Norwich of late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here