EB at the Amex

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
CMS in for Old Lady and you've got a deal.

I forgot him! He can have the 'anyone but Gardner spot, although my bench is a bit attack heavy! Chicksen covering all off the back 6 positions is a bit of a worry!

The most obvious is right wing back replacing Inigo.

If Sami plays him at right back there'll be a riot surely.

Please Sami, the problem is the utterly toothless and uncreative midfield 3, he must play in one of those left and right spots in front of the DM. Don't chuck out a creative player like Teixeira or LuaLua to make room, that would be Titanic deckchairing

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmm. Not sure I remember him as suitable for right back. Maybe time has just regressed his contribution for us down to that highlights reel, all goals and assists.

I can remember the game against Charlton at Withdean, when Calde had received a red card. Benno played right wing and right back so no more attacks came from that direction. It ended up 1-1.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sorry but Hyypia has already said he brings a more of an attacking threat to our team. If Hyypia then goes and plays Bennett at right wing back then he is a bloody muppet. It is clear that we are lacking creativity in the midfield area.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For me he played well at right back and also rightwing, He is or was quick and can tackle so this makes him an obvious right wing back who will get forward to support the front men but also able to get back and defend in placd of Calderon who I think us feeling the pace a little.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Dd he not play as almost a second right back in the second half of Poyets first game against Southampton away? seem to remember us being under a lot of pressure that night with EB playing very deep before crofts scored to make it 3-1.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Didn't he put in a transfer request six weeks after signing a new contract and then refused to play in a match or two when the club played hardball?

He put in a transfer request but I thought the only games he didn't play, were the two FA cup games against Pompey & Watford because he could be cup tied.

He was definitely on the bench vs. Watford. Remember him saying although he would have loved to have gone to Norwich, the fans singing his name when he was warming up made him appreciate the club greatly.

Just to put the record straight:-

Bennett played the whole of the Portsmouth FA Cup match on January 8 2011. Norwich's interest was revealed by the club on January 15. On January 28 the club revealed that Bennett had submitted a transfer request. As [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION] states, he was named as a sub against Watford in the FA Cup the next day (and he wasn't used). He was back in the starting line-up against Leyton Orient on February 1. He didn't refuse to play in any matches.
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] - I can only assume you are mistaking Bennett for those p**s-taking overpaid wasters Bridcutt and Buckley.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There will shortly come a time when either Dunk or Greer are going to be suspended. When this happens I can see Calderon moving into the centre and EB at right wingback.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Suppose it would be too much to ask for him on the right wing and Kaz on the left with full backs overlapping and a holding midfielder and 2 midfielders further forward.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Where will he play? Can only be replacing Teixeira can't he - who i thought did well on Saturday. Unless he gets put in the role that McCourt played against Rotherham which would leave us looking distinctly light in the tackle.

I think you will find that Tex probably did well on Saturday because the cameras were there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here