Easy Jet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Having just watched the "airport" prog, well the first half of it.

After having viewed this programme why would anyone fly easyjet? with customer service that amounts to we have your money so stuff you and if you choose to argue i'll call security.

Looks a very shite company to me.

But then so is Virgin, so maybe they are trying too compete with each other for shite customer service.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I flew with easyjet to see Brighton play Middlesbrough in September. I didn't have any problems, very basic but what do you expect for £5.

I flew with Virgin to New York a few years ago, the service I received on the plane both there and back was the best I have ever experienced. I really wouldn't associate Virgin with shite customer service.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have used them for business and thought they were OK.

Going to Bilbao for a weekend in a few weeks so you can bet your bottom dollar I'll vent my anger about them on here if it all goes pear shape.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Artois said:
I flew with easyjet to see Brighton play Middlesbrough in September. I didn't have any problems, very basic but what do you expect for £5.

I flew with Virgin to New York a few years ago, the service I received on the plane both there and back was the best I have ever experienced. I really wouldn't associate Virgin with shite customer service.

Virgin treat Customer Service as a top priority - I remember air strikes where Branson actually went to Gatwick and saw his customers (good PR stunt mind you).

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
I am talking about and only about customer service, and with virgin maybe I should have been specific that i have only had experience of shite service from Virgin Trains not planes. (never been on one)

I am of course only talking about the TV prog as far as EJ is concerned never used them. Have used Ryan Air and Mytravel lite.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
I've never had any problems with Easy Jet. I booked a flight with easy jet for christmas in Amsterdam and was going to return on the 27th of december, I then wanted to come back on the 26th in the evening, rang them up two weeks after I had booked and they changed my return flight free off charge.

Everytime I've got to the airport I've never had one single problem.

The old cliche, you get what you pay for really is true when it comes to budget airlines. Fine when you can get somewhere for £20 and everything runs smooth. They probably have about 4 seats on the plane at that price though. The rest are probably little less than you'd pay on British Airways for an apex flight. HOWEVER, unlike British Airways, they have little in the way of back up support, whether it be spare aircraft or customer service staff. If you take into account that many budget airlines fly to obscure airfields many miles from where they claim to be flying to, that means an expensive taxi ride to your final destination. Take all the other extras you have to may for, the budget airlines aren't the great deal they claim to be.

The only thing that can be said of Easyjet: Ryanairs customer service is even more shite!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Customer Service is only something you really test when something goes wrong.

From what i saw on the TV programme some twatty arrogant fool went out of his way to wind people up and hid behind "its policy".

Something similar to what I got from Virgin rail when I was not let on a train cos I was not on it 30 seconds before it left (despite having time to try 3 doors and argue with ug on the platform before it moved an inch!).

I meant to return the insulting SINGLE return first class ticket i got from Branson as an apology. This after I told him I only ever travel by train when my inconsiderate travelling companions won't travel by car! What do I do travel in first class and leave my travelling companions in with the plebs or make them fork out for a first class so they can travel with me!

I really must get around to returning it to him sometime!

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Flew Air Canada to Heathrow in July. Wife got food poisoning and we had to take her bags off the plane. Went to hospital etc... Air Canada charged me $500 to re-book the seats a few days later (even with hospital letter stating what had happened).

What killed me was 2 days later I was at the airport complaining. A plane was leaving in 70 minutes with over 20 empty seats and they still would not let me on without a ticket charge.

With Air Travel I think its more luck than budget airline vs non budget airline.

Vent over.

David:angry:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
driddles said:
Flew Air Canada to Heathrow in July. Wife got food poisoning and we had to take her bags off the plane. Went to hospital etc... Air Canada charged me $500 to re-book the seats a few days later (even with hospital letter stating what had happened).

What killed me was 2 days later I was at the airport complaining. A plane was leaving in 70 minutes with over 20 empty seats and they still would not let me on without a ticket charge.

With Air Travel I think its more luck than budget airline vs non budget airline.

Vent over.

David:angry:

Yep, I've flown EasyJet to Amsterdam a couple of times and also Ryan Air to Dublin and never had a single problem. On the other hand Qantas must have some of the rudest cabin and ground staff I've ever encountered.

Virgin arsed up my seating on the way to Tokyo - basically they seperated me and the missus by mistake at check in. They sorted it out on the plane but then my individual telly didn't work (beware of that on the new Virgin planes, it's a very common problem) but immediately credited airmiles as compensation. All of their staff on the planes are excellent too. Seems like Dicky boy wants to take a serious look at the train side of his business though.

ukade

Oct 7, 2003
They only show the bad bits on tv. The amount of times that I have flown with EJ I have never had any problems with them. I would rather pay EJ 50.00 of my money instead of paying BA 150.00 for the same ticket.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
To be fair to Easyjet, they leave themselves open to bad publicity by agreeing to participate in the show. It only makes for interesting television when things go tits up. Fair play to them.

Britannia pulled out of the programme after one series.

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
I have flown with easyJet 30 or 40 times to various destinations.

I have only once had a major delay which was not their fault; other than that I have been late once by 25 mins, once by 10 mins and all the rest either on time or early. I fly to Nice a lot, and I now EXPECT to arrive at least 20 mins early. Brilliant!

The staff are all cheerful and friendly, unlike the snotty stewards/stewardesses on the so-called major airlines!

The majority of the problems shown on the telly are caused by arrogant passengers.

Try to book a one-way flight with British Airways - it can be done but at enormous cost. With easyJet you could fly from Gatwick to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Geneva, Geneva to Nice and Nice back to Gatwick - all at very low prices. What other airline provides that sort of flexibility?

If you haven't tried easyJet, don't knock it!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Even though EJ do look bad on the tv, you must admit that over half of the trouble is due to the customers. Turning up late for check-in, missing/out of date passports, etc.

If your flight was delayed for a couple of hours because someone turned up late, would you be sympathetic towards that person? I bloody wouldn't. And no, I don't work for them.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Flew Virgin to the states in 1999 and it was brilliant, loads of movies, comfy seats & great service 'cos they kept pouring southern comfort & lemonade down my neck 'cos I was travelling alone :D

EasyJet to Athens last year, £45 one way, shit service but its a seat and it got us there.
EasyJet return to Geneva £47.50 this december, then again to Edinburgh £45 return in January

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
you get what you pay for! easyjet give a very good service for the price...eg we're going to milan for £40 including taxes...now i couldn't get to manchester for that price by train...easyjet is fine

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Got upgraded to Virgin Upper Class from Boston FOC. I was gasping for a ciggie & even though the flight was non-smoking the cabin crew took me to their 'rest' area & I lit up.

The stewardess said that Branson had a policy that what ever the Upper class passenger wanted they had to accomodate it.

She was very attractive & I have to say the thought did cross my mind! :p

Virgin trains, however.............:nono:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I flew easyjet to Barcelona in December and thay were excellent. Coast me my wife and kid £84 return. The planr was clean and you got a lot more room than on a package flight.

I've seen that programme a couple of times and to be fair to easyjet the problems are mostly caused by arrogant wankers who've turned up late/cocked up their bookings who demand to be treated as a special case.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports