Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy Jet

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Have to put in a word for BA. Have used them a lot in past few years for trips to US, Canada, and Oz. Always had excellent service on the ground and in the air and at a reasonable price. Last week BA advertised flights to West Coast of US for under £300 and Toronto £200.
All the cheap airlines are fine if all goes well but don't expect a back up flight or a stay in a hotel when it all goes wrong. At their prices they cannot do.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
chicken run said:
flew easy jet to belfast last month def. ok, these people who turn up late are the wanker's

Rather assumes that the people i saw on the programme turned up late for a flight they had not.

they had a problem with the booking and the "customer service" agents did everything they could to make sure that the problem was not sorted before the flight took off and they then had to pay for another flight.

They were rude to them they ignored them and blamed the customer for it rather than do anything for them that was remotely helpful.

When they finally gave in (the customer) and decided to pay for another flight they then tried charging them too much for it and would not accept that the price was too high. So they (the customer) went off checked the EJ website and proved to the "customer service" agents that they were wrong. Did they apologise? no not likely they reluctantly changed the price and when the customer made clear they were unhappy with their level of service in forceful but polite terms they were told if you don't stop I will get security to remove you from the airport.

If I saw any of my staff acting in the way they acted towards these people I would have them warned about their behaviour sent off for training and if they don't improve they would be out the door.

You can bitch all you like about snotty customers behind closed doors but you try as hard as you can to help them and act in a non patronising non blaming cuture (Yes they may be at fault but you don't say that it does nothing but make the situation worse.) and polite manner whilst dealing with them.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
To get a better perspective of it Marvin, try watching all the series. Not just the first part of one programme!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Everest said:
To get a better perspective of it Marvin, try watching all the series. Not just the first part of one programme!

Why?

I don't need a better pespective of that incident they treated them appalingly and it looked to me by the way the staff justified it that this was the way they were instructed to behave.

If so its plain wrong and bad customer service.

It is however about standard for customer service in this country where we are extremely bad at it.

In my opinion

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Overall the phrase "You get what you pay for" is true, but some times you get bloody good value for you money.
In June I went from Gatwick to Alicante for 110 quid return with air 2000. Quality from start to finish.
To get to Gatwick, I had to endure a piss poor flight with Northwest. A reasonable price [under $500] but the service, food and delays were directly related to inefficiency.
IMHO, the enjoyment of flying has gone. There was a time when your holiday started at the airport, now you just want the flight to be over.
Virgin still have the right approach, the so called big carriers have lost the whole concept of customer service and satisfaction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here