Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eastbourne & Spurs tickets

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
agree totally the sussex fa will all be there (tossers) lol just there to admire the stadium where us true fans have travelled the length and breadth of the country supporting our team(s) it amazes me that when the big guns come to town in football matches you see plastic football fans and armchair supporters turning up....pisses me off. see you at the game!!!

Mar 10, 2006
Here's hoping. Can't see this is true as normally the Sussex FA would probably take a couple of hundred (at most) tickets so they would find it hard to justify needing 6000

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What are the Sussex FA gonna do with 6000 tickets

sell them? once they've offered and sold to all their interested members, they pass them back to the club to sell on their behalf. at least i'd hope so, by "allocating" the tickets to the Sussex FA they get the money whoever sells them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Free tickets should be given to every CURRENT season ticket holder as a thank you for the Withdean years. That would be 5,000. 3,000 for Eastbourne and then 2,000 general sale.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Free tickets should be given to every CURRENT season ticket holder as a thank you for the Withdean years. That would be 5,000. 3,000 for Eastbourne and then 2,000 general sale.

No they shouldn't. We're not the home side, it's The Sussex FA's match, why should they give tickets away for free!?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Does anyone know if the spurs game is first come first serve basis ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Like the FA cup every team that has taken part in the Sussex County Cups will be entitled to either 1 or 2 tickets from Sussex FA. Putting the coin on the other side had the game been at Eastbourne or Crawley how many Brighton fans would have gone to see the reserves 1000 probably at the most, so no great grounds for complaint. What were the attendances at the previous rounds?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Well Spurs isn't a second ramp up event because Poyet said that it'll be our only pre season friendly at home.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Albion to get a 2000 allocation for the Eastbourne game, the remaining tickets will go to the Sussex FA and Eastborne Town.

Albion to get approx. 16,000 for the Spurs game, as the 2nd ramp up event, this will not be a full capacity game.

Let the ticket binfest begin!

It is my understanding that the Albion will try and get as close to capacity as possible, so as to prove it all works before the season starts & thus obtain the Certificate. I for one will be a little miffed if after all this time. Withdean/Amex Season ticket holders could miss out on the One game we have been waiting for for almost 15 years.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
I know for certain that Eastbourne Borough have been allocated 1500 tickets and these are being distributed to season ticket holders and Community Interest Club shareholders.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
I think that the Sussex FA should be made to distribute the tickets to the NIMBYS of Falmer and the Lewes Borough Council, just so they can see for themselves exactly what they were protesting about!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I am sorry if I say the wrong thing BUT the club has agreed the use of the stadium as a ramp-up event with a view to obtaining a full safety certificate for the Amex.

Does it honestly matter whether you or I are there on that day or not because, FFS, given the attendance is limited to, is it, 10,000, we cannot all be there anyway. On the other side of it, there is the Eastbourne Borough Club and their supporters and to them, this is the biggest event of the millenia. Let's not piss on their parade because, by the way we have the Spurs match and then, wait for it, the first Championship match at the Amex - how cool will that be ? So let's take what comes without getting too upset about it !

Also I don't agree with the Sussex FA receiving gazillions of tickets which they will be struggling to find a home for so I hope that they will agree a sensible distribution of tickets and PS. I have no connection with Eastbourne Borough FC.

Last edited:

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
It is my understanding that the Albion will try and get as close to capacity as possible, so as to prove it all works before the season starts & thus obtain the Certificate. I for one will be a little miffed if after all this time. Withdean/Amex Season ticket holders could miss out on the One game we have been waiting for for almost 15 years.

You, and a lot of people have not understood what this game is about.
This is the Sussex senior cup final that Brighton reserves have qualified for, wtf has Withdean got to do with it?

When I started this thread a month ago, I had been told that both home and away teams would get 2000 tickets with the remaining 6000 to be distributed by the Sussex FA to all other clubs that are affiiliated, this I believe to be the normal allocation of 20%/20% and 60%.

This is not an Albion home game, this is a Sussex FA game that Brighton offered their new stadium up to be used as
part of the ramp up events.

I would love to go, as an Albion supporter for over 30 years, I can't wait to see our fantastic new stadium but if I can't
get a ticket then I will wait my turn until I can.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
I am sorry if I say the wrong thing BUT the club has agreed the use of the stadium as a ramp-up event with a view to obtaining a full safety certificate for the Amex.

Does it honestly matter whether you or I are there on that day or not because, FFS, given the attendance is limited to, is it, 10,000, we cannot all be there anyway. On the other side of it, there is the Eastbourne Borough Club and their supporters and to them, this is the biggest event of the millenia. Let's not piss on their parade because, by the way we have the Spurs match and then, wait for it, the first Championship match at the Amex - how cool will that be ? So let's take what comes without getting too upset about it !

Also I don't agree with the Sussex FA receiving gazillions of tickets which they will be struggling to find a home for so I hope that they will agree a sensible distribution of tickets and PS. I have no connection with Eastbourne Borough FC.
Obviously you have no connection to Eastbourne Borough FC.
By saying this is the biggest event of our millenia is a joke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here