Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand Ejections - open apology

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Rules are put into place for a reason, and the zero tolerance rule is to protect families so they can take the kids along without having some other adults teach them bad social behaviour. Why should this rule be bended because the performance on the pitch of players / managers / referees ? Simple answer is it shouldn't.

If you lose it and can't control yourself when you know you have to then maybe you should pack it all in. But then again I am sure the club will sort that out for you.

Brian

Feb 21, 2009
If it's the incident that I saw where a guy in a wolly hat swung a punch then you've got no reason to complain. If you punch your own supporters then you should be banned for a very long time

The guy in the hat was completly out of order. He complained, bit of banter between the two, nothing much. Then the guy in the hat offered the bald guy out and said that he was going to "knock his f...ing head off". It was at this point that the bald guy got very angry and to be honest so would most of us. After the bald chap had got ejected, the guy in the hat was giggling with his mates about it.
If the guy in the hat is reading this, you must be very pleased with yourself.
Bald guy......good luck mate, hope to see you again soon.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The guy in front of me had his son with him and at half time when the abuse got really loud near the tunnel the kid who must have been five or six said to his dad - what's a c**t which people in the row in front of him were shouting. I can put up with some language myself but I did have a certain degree of sympathy with the lads dad trying to explain that one to him.

Jan 30, 2008
Having to appologise for calling the ref a c**t, my god, some of you fluffy football fans should have a day out at Upton park or the Den....even the vicar calls the ref a c**t there !!! Bloody detest modern football these days.
got to agree.

Jan 30, 2008
The guy in front of me had his son with him and at half time when the abuse got really loud near the tunnel the kid who must have been five or six said to his dad - what's a c**t which people in the row in front of him were shouting. I can put up with some language myself but I did have a certain degree of sympathy with the lads dad trying to explain that one to him.
did he point out the referee to him .............. self explanatory

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Fair enough, I must admit I was using lanuague which I wouldnt usually dream of. East Stand was probably the worst place to use it though!

I think its worth remebering that when you purchase a ticket in whatever form make sure if you want to voice an opinion strongly then go for the north stand not the family enclosure. football matches are a place to vent your frustrations, i should know. lets hope they take a lenient view. You'd be unlucky to be banned or something i think.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I think its worth remebering that when you purchase a ticket in whatever form make sure if you want to voice an opinion strongly then go for the north stand not the family enclosure. football matches are a place to vent your frustrations, i should know. lets hope they take a lenient view. You'd be unlucky to be banned or something i think.

Should probably add that I do not sit the East!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I don't particularly like the language, especially the c word (being a female), but it goes with the territory at the football, so I tend to ignore it within reason. Although I'd expect in the family stand not to hear that word should we ever get season tickets with our 6 year old as thats where I'd expect I'd be.

What I get concerned about is the anger and the vitriol and the near violent rage some people go into supporting their team. When the decision goes against us and some men seem to be about to tear shreds off the ref, with steam pouring out their ears and bright red faces like their eyes are bout to pop out. I'm passionate about my football but why does it stir some men on to violence?

Good on the chap in question for apologising too!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The guy in the hat was completly out of order. He complained, bit of banter between the two, nothing much. Then the guy in the hat offered the bald guy out and said that he was going to "knock his f...ing head off". It was at this point that the bald guy got very angry and to be honest so would most of us. After the bald chap had got ejected, the guy in the hat was giggling with his mates about it.

I didn't see a bald guy get ejected, just one in a wholly hat who had tried to swing for the other guy. Deserves whatever ban the club give him from what i saw

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District

Its the same as Barnes's red card - the bald chap is in the same position. Appeal - you have the fans behind you - well at least this one.

There is still a place in football for stress relieving language, but not for threatening behavior. The guy in the hat is the one to be banned for threatening language which is far more frightening towards the majority and families.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought 18,000 of us chanted 'wanker' at the ref at half time? Perhaps we'll all be getting banning orders.

Its a football match,so bad language comes hand in hand imo,but like others said,wrong stand,but hey ho,its not as if people aint heard bad language in thier life.

This is an attitude that pervades football as a SPORT - frankly I believe it's something that is wrong in the game.

The op doesn't seem apologetic, more like pointing a finger at the people who complained....who apparently do NOT share the sympathy for swearing under the circumstances.

The East probably does, and probably should, have less tolerance for poor behavior in grown men among children.

Cheerio :wave:

Seagull16

Sep 28, 2011
When i was younger wasnt allowed to swear at home or anything but at a football match could say whatever i wanted. Nowadays kids hear it in the playgrounds so why hide it from them, shouldnt we all be embracing everyones passion for the game!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Rules are put into place for a reason, and the zero tolerance rule is to protect families so they can take the kids along without having some other adults teach them bad social behaviour. Why should this rule be bended because the performance on the pitch of players / managers / referees ? Simple answer is it shouldn't.

If you lose it and can't control yourself when you know you have to then maybe you should pack it all in. But then again I am sure the club will sort that out for you.
you sound like a barrel of laughs mate - have you never, ever had a moment where you didn't quite reach your own peerless standards of perfection? ??? :flounce: :albion2:

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
I am in the East, just past the half-way line towards the South and about 8 rows in front of said incident. I didn't hear or see the fracas start but the guy, presumably, Glentana, was very very angry when I turned round to look! Shouting and being held back from some guy in front of him. Before this, there was someone really loud giving abuse and swearing from behind me, which I originally thought was two or three rows back but maybe it was glentana, I am cannot be sure as I did not turn around as there was enough to watch on the pitch!

There was plenty of people swearing but this one guy was loud and ott. I have two kids with me, plus my mates kid, plus my new found friend in front with his two kids, it was not an issue for us but was very noticable. At the Donny game, I did tell my kids that if they swear at a game (aged 14 and 16), it is not an issue but to be fair, they don't although they may have joined in with "The referee's a wanker!" on Saturday!

If I do have the right guy, a warning would be suffice for me, as it was a very strange game and difficult for anyone not to refrain themselves. I am actually surprised nobody ran on the pitch after the ref during the game.

BTW, wasn't there someone with a Burnley shirt nearby? I initially thought this was what the row was about. 99 times out of 100 a Brighton v Burnley game this would not be an issue, a bit unlucky there me thinks..

By the sounds of it im near you if not right next to you in the East. There was a chap 2 or 3 rows back from us really giving it large who i'd never seen or rather heard before and im amazed whoever it was who pulled Glentana up didnt pull this guy up too because he would have heard him as well. Much respect for Glentana posting this thread today I think most people realised emotions ran incredibly high on Saturday and because of that hopefully a warning will be the outcome.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Having to appologise for calling the ref a c**t, my god, some of you fluffy football fans should have a day out at Upton park or the Den....even the vicar calls the ref a c**t there !!! Bloody detest modern football these days.

let me tell you, i have been at upton park and it is NOT a place for kids. There were some serious nutbars there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here