Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand Ejections - open apology

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There are several kids sitting near me in the north stand. They are exposed to fruity language every match so I assume their parents aren't too worried about it. They certainly had their vocabulary enhanced on Saturday.

The kid standing on his seat directly in front of me, who looks about 9, was thoroughly enjoying calling the referee a wanker and telling him to eff off ha ha

Its big to make an apology and don't see why it shouldn't be accepted, the whole point of the matter is that The East Stand was presented as having a lower tolerence re swearing standing etc, I love the East and i take my 2 year old, however the bloke in front of me with his kids, a nice enough bloke but he's like a fuckin Jack in the Box every time we make a pass, but hey ho, no ones died and we get over it,I'm no saint, when I go to an away match I get pissed and swear a bit, In summary there are a few, not many though that would be better off in the North

Note to away fans on here, piss off it's got nothing to do with you

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am in the East, just past the half-way line towards the South and about 8 rows in front of said incident. I didn't hear or see the fracas start but the guy, presumably, Glentana, was very very angry when I turned round to look! Shouting and being held back from some guy in front of him. Before this, there was someone really loud giving abuse and swearing from behind me, which I originally thought was two or three rows back but maybe it was glentana, I am cannot be sure as I did not turn around as there was enough to watch on the pitch!

There was plenty of people swearing but this one guy was loud and ott. I have two kids with me, plus my mates kid, plus my new found friend in front with his two kids, it was not an issue for us but was very noticable. At the Donny game, I did tell my kids that if they swear at a game (aged 14 and 16), it is not an issue but to be fair, they don't although they may have joined in with "The referee's a wanker!" on Saturday!

If I do have the right guy, a warning would be suffice for me, as it was a very strange game and difficult for anyone not to refrain themselves. I am actually surprised nobody ran on the pitch after the ref during the game.

BTW, wasn't there someone with a Burnley shirt nearby? I initially thought this was what the row was about. 99 times out of 100 a Brighton v Burnley game this would not be an issue, a bit unlucky there me thinks..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
So did I, and I love the family stand. It's a great place to watch the game with kids. Not been in the North yet, but have heard that there are one or two in there who bring along their 7 or 8 year old kids and swear F**k and C**t all game. Classy.

The difference between the North Stand of old and modern stadia is that in the old days if you had a chavvy tosser with a potty mouth anywhere near your child, you could simply move.

That's the problem with all-seater stadia..which is why I plan to be on the terraces at Griffin Park come Boxing Day.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Having to appologise for calling the ref a c**t, my god, some of you fluffy football fans should have a day out at Upton park or the Den....even the vicar calls the ref a c**t there !!! Bloody detest modern football these days.

Sorry but, I have to say this......bloody detest modern 'unacceptable' behaviour too (and that includes the use of swear words)

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
As for the fellow from two rows down who took particular exception on the day, perhaps he should also reflect on his own behaviour towards a fellow BHA fan.

I was then subjected to personal verbal abuse and threatened with physical violence, which is why it got out of hand.[/I]

To be fair to you fella you were not alone in using choice language. As others have intimated there were alot of others in the East unhappy with events on the pitch so tension was high - one example being another guy further forward than you calling the ref a w....r etc (for those not in the East we do get vocal and angry etc but do not always flower are displeasure with expletives). I take a variety of people with me on my spare ticket and sometimes it is my kids, this Saturday it was my 9 year old daughters turn and I/she was not offended by any language (although remember the stand is a low tolerance- Respect Stand) but was worried the air of aggression might have upset her (she was fine by the way). I did not hear you but became aware of the issue once the sea of yellow jackets poured up the steps; indeed what is a shame infact is that the guy that appeared to take exception to you has been loud and vocal on previous games (work out the apparent hypocrisy) and from what you suggest might not be entirely innocent!

Anyhow, well done for apologising but feel you do not need to do so on a forum and hope the club are not too harsh if this is not in your normal character - good luck!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Having to appologise for calling the ref a c**t, my god, some of you fluffy football fans should have a day out at Upton park or the Den....even the vicar calls the ref a c**t there !!! Bloody detest modern football these days.

"ooh we're West 'Am and we're well 'ard"
Do one.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I myself have very high morals, etc, etc, etc, and I've never called anyone a **** at a football game.
But what is the problem with swearing in general? They're just words and have a meaning? As long as kids know it's wrong and not to use them (which 99% of them will use later in life), I don't see what's wrong.

Yesterday I called the ref a wanker and a f***ing twat, but I guess being right at the top of Upper West with lots of other people doing the same it's easier to go unnoticed?
Hopefully when they build ESU that'll be a zone where you can sing what you like (bar racism, which we don't do anyway).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Before I say anything else, I would firstly like to apologise unreservedly for any offence I may have caused towards my fellow BHA fans on Saturday.
I like to think I am a reasonable chap generally, but sometimes my passion for football (whether it be BHA or England) does get the better of me. In reading the postings here regarding Saturday’s ‘East Stand Ejections’ it’s quite obvious some of you took exception to how I verbally attacked the referee and on reflection I tend to agree with some of their sentiments.
Having said that, I am not a lover of the ‘sanitisation’ of the modern football crowd, replacing passion with popcorn and Mexican Waves does nothing for the atmosphere in the modern game. When passions run high (as they were unusually high on Saturday) there is always the chance someone will go OTT and on this occasion it was me and I accept that.
As for the fellow from two rows down who took particular exception on the day, perhaps he should also reflect on his own behaviour towards a fellow BHA fan.
Sometimes just a calming influence is required as opposed to confrontation and aggression.

Just for the record, after Nooney was fouled and no free-kick given, I leapt up and called the Ref a c**t!

Not good I know.
I was then subjected to personal verbal abuse and threatened with physical violence, which is why it got out of hand.

The day I have to sit quietly at a live football match is the day I will pack it all in (a decision which may suit some of you already).
That decision may well now be taken out of my hands due to Saturday’s events and into the hands of the authorities at BHA – so be it, rules are rules.

Merry Christmas
:wave:

If it's the incident that I saw where a guy in a wolly hat swung a punch then you've got no reason to complain. If you punch your own supporters then you should be banned for a very long time

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Times have truly changed.I was in the WSU and used words I've forgotten the meaning of,like BUM,and WILLY etc simply because the atmosphere was so charged.How many were really offended,and how many just woolly jumpers of the worst kind?

How about a suspended ban,and a complementary ticket to the dugout.There was a spare seat there for a lot of the match on Saturday,vacated by somebody cursing in Spanish or was it Castillan ?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Good on you for apologising. I think most people would understand an outburst or two on Saturday.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
I'm in the east and by and large the "respect" rule is observed - though the occasional outburst is bound to happen in the heat of the moment. I try to never swear in front of my son but broke that rule myself on Sat. As the ref approached near, I decided in my brain to call the ref a cheat, but I heard "REF, YOU'RE F@@KING CHEAT" coming from my mouth.

glentana I think you sat around ten rows behind me on Sat (prob E1F entrance around seat 640ish if I'm right) and when I looked round your face was purple with rage!
I for one accept your apology and hope the extenuating circumstances are taken into account any any punishment is mild.

(Not sure if you're a STH, but if you are, maybe you could focus your energies on getting the east stand singing - we need more people like that)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I thought the East Stand was sold as a zero tolerenace stand at all the presentions as its the family stand.

It was quite clear if you want to get heated to go in the North Stand where it will be more tolerated, how did you end up in the East if you want to abuse the ref like that.

[yt]r0qGeADPzAs[/yt]

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Russ managed to used the f-word and c-word 28 times during a 90 seconds tirade at the referee last week at The Riverside , nobody took much notice of him (diabetes related tourettes)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here