Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand ejection?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
The irony of this is that on the screen prior to the match they played a video reminding people to act appropriately in the family areas of the ground. As said by redoubtable seagull nothing wrong with him being a Leeds fan and an Albion season ticket holder. The issue is the alcohol consumption - He was with a small child of I guess 6 years old and was incoherent. He had a Leeds bag which contained cans of Carling which he was drinking during the game. Only noticed this after he was ejected and his mate who remained seated after the ejection (and was on one of his kids tickets and I am sure paid for a ticket upgrade!) knocked the can down onto the seats below. Nice touch.
Unacceptable behaviour and if he remains in his seats I trust the club ensure he apologises to the gentleman he was starting to threaten and jostle. Actually thinking about it, it is not the club's responsibility but only his, to act responsibly and show his children how to behave.
One of my kids was quite scared and upset during and after the incident.
Drunk at a football match and ejected on that basis and having been offensive to an older man verbally and physically. Is there any other sport which would would tolerate any of this?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I'm guessing if you are certain it was only one can of beer that you are his mate who had his other ticket. I'm sorry but this is the Family Stand and we all know that it is not legal to drink in view of the pitch let alone in the kids part of the ground.[/

Lol, interesting powers of deduction there. Nope, not his mate but sat close enough to know exactly what happened. His mate was okay actually and pretty embarrassed by what had happened.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Northerners, contrary to their claims cannoy hold their drink and are invariably pissed when they are on a trip down south. It's all too much excitement, they get overwhelmed seeing daylight, modern transport and clean streets, let alone something new like the Amex. It blows their minds.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
Fella is a season ticket holder who is a Leeds supporter. He was drunk last night and got progressively lairy as the game went on. When Leeds equalised with the 2nd goal he celebrated in an over the top fashion. When CMS missed his penalty he pushed away an elderly chap next to him after they'd had a few words. At this point, those around him had had enough of his behaviour and called over the stewards who removed him and his young son.

It'll make for an interesting evening if he returns on Tuesday.

Was the fella he was with about 8ft tall????

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Fella is a season ticket holder who is a Leeds supporter. He was drunk last night and got progressively lairy as the game went on. When Leeds equalised with the 2nd goal he celebrated in an over the top fashion. When CMS missed his penalty he pushed away an elderly chap next to him after they'd had a few words. At this point, those around him had had enough of his behaviour and called over the stewards who removed him and his young son.

It'll make for an interesting evening if he returns on Tuesday.

??? Leeds supporting brighton season ticket holder :nono:

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
He had a Leeds bag which contained cans of Carling which he was drinking during the game. One of my kids was quite scared and upset during and after the incident.

I would hate to return to the Withdean days of everyone being searched and not being able to take bottle tops inside the stadium. I would hope that we have some observant Stewards on the turnstiles who make judgement calls and search based on that.
It does concern me however that they failed to spot someone carrying a Leeds bag through the turnstiles regardless of what it contained. The fact he swiped a season ticket doesn't mean it is his.
As for his 'condition', if anyone is p****d at the turnstile, turn them away (home and away fans). Airlines don't allow them on in case they cause trouble and neither should we. If they are p****d at the bar, refuse to serve them (just like any pub). I am not against anyone having a few beers and enjoying themselves, but beyond that they ruin it for everyone else.
If anyone shells out serious money for a ticket, gets drunk and then not let in or is ejected, maybe they will think twice next time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I would hate to return to the Withdean days of everyone being searched and not being able to take bottle tops inside the stadium. I would hope that we have some observant Stewards on the turnstiles who make judgement calls and search based on that.
It does concern me however that they failed to spot someone carrying a Leeds bag through the turnstiles regardless of what it contained. The fact he swiped a season ticket doesn't mean it is his.
As for his 'condition', if anyone is p****d at the turnstile, turn them away (home and away fans). Airlines don't allow them on in case they cause trouble and neither should we. If they are p****d at the bar, refuse to serve them (just like any pub). I am not against anyone having a few beers and enjoying themselves, but beyond that they ruin it for everyone else.
If anyone shells out serious money for a ticket, gets drunk and then not let in or is ejected, maybe they will think twice next time.

I don't know if the policy has changed but at Withdean the policy was to search randomly - i.e. not every 3rd person etc - to prevent people trying to make sure they were say the 5th person. It also stops the "you only searched me because I'm black / white / an alien" complaint. Some turnstiles searched everyone with a bag others not.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i got chucked out of a perth glory game cos of a leeds goon.....fact.......why can't yorkshire men hold their drin kffs..??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here