Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand ejection?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Anyone else see this in line with the 6 yard box north end? Happened a few rows down directly in front of me and everyone was standing up to see what was going on down there. Steward came over and turned round to the group of police/stewards/medics in the NE corner and waved them up. Medics came up at first but were turned away followed by head stewards coming up and taking a man and his child away. Any ideas? Bit odd

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Mind your business.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Fella is a season ticket holder who is a Leeds supporter. He was drunk last night and got progressively lairy as the game went on. When Leeds equalised with the 2nd goal he celebrated in an over the top fashion. When CMS missed his penalty he pushed away an elderly chap next to him after they'd had a few words. At this point, those around him had had enough of his behaviour and called over the stewards who removed him and his young son.

It'll make for an interesting evening if he returns on Tuesday.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
No, the bloke's behaviour was wrong.
You'll find quite a few people who support a different team are season ticket holders at Brighton. That doesn't bother me; they want to watch good football in Sussex and the ones I know also tend to bring their kids who get the Brighton bug.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Mind your business.

was it you ?
hmm.gif

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
I did see a guy walking back from the game towards moulscoombe, absolutely off his tits! Was quite amusing watching him stagger back holding onto a mate. Could have been him or was his son fairly young?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I did see a guy walking back from the game towards moulscoombe, absolutely off his tits! Was quite amusing watching him stagger back holding onto a mate. Could have been him or was his son fairly young?

Walked the same way (back to Mithras House P&R as i couldnt be bothered to queue for a bus) and there were a lot of pissed people - mostly kids although the police were with a big guy at the Moulsecoomb Way bus stop, with a few other PCs across the road in the estate with their van.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's just wrong!

I learned to drive with an instructor who wore a Leeds shirt everywhere. He also had a broad Brighton accent and one Saturday I saw him at Withdean. During the next lesson we talked about the Albion for about 15 minutes and he knew at least as much as me if not a lot more. No idea if this is the same guy or not as I sit in the WSU - just making the point that it's not unheard of to get your football fix at your local team's ground.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Similar thing happened in WSU, block G/H

Mar 13, 2012
The irony of this is that on the screen prior to the match they played a video reminding people to act appropriately in the family areas of the ground. As said by redoubtable seagull nothing wrong with him being a Leeds fan and an Albion season ticket holder. The issue is the alcohol consumption - He was with a small child of I guess 6 years old and was incoherent. He had a Leeds bag which contained cans of Carling which he was drinking during the game. Only noticed this after he was ejected and his mate who remained seated after the ejection (and was on one of his kids tickets and I am sure paid for a ticket upgrade!) knocked the can down onto the seats below. Nice touch.
Unacceptable behaviour and if he remains in his seats I trust the club ensure he apologises to the gentleman he was starting to threaten and jostle. Actually thinking about it, it is not the club's responsibility but only his, to act responsibly and show his children how to behave.
One of my kids was quite scared and upset during and after the incident.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
The irony of this is that on the screen prior to the match they played a video reminding people to act appropriately in the family areas of the ground. As said by redoubtable seagull nothing wrong with him being a Leeds fan and an Albion season ticket holder. The issue is the alcohol consumption - He was with a small child of I guess 6 years old and was incoherent. He had a Leeds bag which contained cans of Carling which he was drinking during the game. Only noticed this after he was ejected and his mate who remained seated after the ejection (and was on one of his kids tickets and I am sure paid for a ticket upgrade!) knocked the can down onto the seats below. Nice touch.
Unacceptable behaviour and if he remains in his seats I trust the club ensure he apologises to the gentleman he was starting to threaten and jostle. Actually thinking about it, it is not the club's responsibility but only his, to act responsibly and show his children how to behave.
One of my kids was quite scared and upset during and after the incident.

How did he manage to get cans of beer into the stadium ? My boy takes sweets and a soft drink in a bag to the game which gets searched every time.

Mar 13, 2012
How did he manage to get cans of beer into the stadium ? My boy takes sweets and a soft drink in a bag to the game which gets searched every time.

Good question - my bag is always searched but never particularly thoroughly. Went to another game yesterday in London and I was made to take the lid of a bottle of Fruit Shoot!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I have never not had my bag searched when going into either Withdean or the Amex so it does beg the question

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I have never not had my bag searched when going into either Withdean or the Amex so it does beg the question

in your pocket??? If you have a big warm coat with lots of pockets and are a man of a certain size, one could easily squeeze a few cans in.

D

Deleted member 18477

There was a mass ejection on 90 mins. 2-2 on a Friday night FFS 5 mins stoppage time. Embarrassing east stand!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Every Leeds fan that I passed before and after the game was drunk. After the game there was a bloke lying halfway down the steps up to the bus stops surrounded by police, medics , stewards etc. Drunk Leeds fans turfed off S bus etc.

Why can't Northerners hold their drink ?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
If he had a small child with him and was incapable as is described, Social Services should be involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here