Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East Stand Dads we salute you !

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
"They're the East Stand,
They're the East Stand
They're the East Stand Brighton dads"

(all the mums are at home slaving over a hot stove, hoovering and doing the ironing)

Sorry to disappoint but this mum doesn't slave over a hot stove, Hoover or do ironing - I'm either at the Amex with the kids enjoying the football and treats we take us or I'm sat by the radio listening to BBC Sussex cheering on the seagulls when they are away.

Bollox to housework - the Albion come first x

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Sorry to disappoint but this mum doesn't slave over a hot stove, Hoover or do ironing - I'm either at the Amex with the kids enjoying the football and treats we take us or I'm sat by the radio listening to BBC Sussex cheering on the seagulls when they are away.

Bollox to housework - the Albion come first x

Same here.

Some of the blokes on here are so old-fashioned with their ideas, bless 'em.

Football always comes before housework and shopping for me!

Actually, I get rather annoyed with comments like" let the wife go shopping while the blokes go to football."
Heard Mick McCarthy come out with that one a while back on the radio and that really pissed me off!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Yeah but .... 80% of what??!!!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
"They're the East Stand,
They're the East Stand
They're the East Stand Brighton dads"

(all the mums are at home slaving over a hot stove, hoovering and doing the ironing)
???

Actually some of us are in the ground. Just not in the family stand!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
The East Stand concourse should really look more like:

indoor-playground-ballpit.JPG

I'd DEFINITELY move to the East Stand if the concourses were like that!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd DEFINITELY move to the East Stand if the concourses were like that!

Having said that I'm in the West Stand Upper and that would be a CRACKING way of returning to ground level.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
:lol:
Actually come to think of it. So might I. Not for my daughter mind, I quite fancy having a go of that. Could do with changing the balls to blue and white though!

Having said that I'm in the West Stand Upper and that would be a CRACKING way of returning to ground level.

Those are two top ideas. Blue and white ballpits and slides down from the WSU into more ballpits. COME ON TONY, MAKE IT HAPPEN :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Same here.

Some of the blokes on here are so old-fashioned with their ideas, bless 'em.

Football always comes before housework and shopping for me!

Actually, I get rather annoyed with comments like" let the wife go shopping while the blokes go to football."
Heard Mick McCarthy come out with that one a while back on the radio and that really pissed me off!

Shiver me timbers! I was actually making an ironic comment in support of the BHA mums and their lack of acknowledgement in the thread, not being a sexist arzehool!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Shiver me timbers! I was actually making an ironic comment in support of the BHA mums and their lack of acknowledgement in the thread, not being a sexist arzehool!

Sorry but I really thought you were being a sexist arzehool! So apologies for missing your irony, or should that be ironing?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This presents the club with a dilemma:

Should the club encourage more eating and drinking to increase revenue, knowing that they may need to install larger seats to accomodate the increasingly lardy East Stand Dads and Mums, thus reducing capacity and increasing Season ticket prices.

Playing in the ball pit mentioned above (not Peanut Roasters) may become compulsory with each pie/beer combo bought to avoid this situation.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I can hear it now....

We're the east stand
We're the east stand
We're the east stand lardy lumps

We're in our ball pit
We're in our ball pit
We're in our ball pit with our kids

Uncle Tony
Uncle Tony
Can we have a PS3