Early starts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
My new shift next week will see me having to set the alarm for 4.30am every weekday. I'm very much looking forward to the new shift, but I do wonder how to reset my body clock etc.

Would be interesting to know how many others on here get up really early for work and how they cope sleep wise. Any hints and tips would be great. As a former night owl, discipline will have to be the key for me I think!

So what time do you have to get up? What time do you go to sleep? etc.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not stupidly early but I get up at 6 for a run before getting on a train for work- I need 7 hours sleep else I'm a zombie so try getting to bed for 10 which sometimes aint great for social life. I don't have much in my bedroom apart from a book so I dont keep myself awake messing about, and usually knackered by 10 anyway so dropping off is easy.

Exercise to keep you tire might help.

I can't imagine what it would be like getting up at that time, is it the commute? Or nature of job?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I get up at 4.00 every day, have done for the past 10 years.
I struggled at first and had a little snooze in the afternoon combined with early nights, but over the years I've got used to it, I now go to bed at 10-11 o'clock and have no problems.
Try not to worry about it though, otherwise you'll find yourself going to bed at 8.00 every night !!!!

PS get a good alarm clock !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm up just after 5 (4 on Saturdays).
The bonus for me is I have always been up early right from my paper round days, some 25 years ago. :ohmy:
That said I can't really help as I have never been a night owl.

The only downside is always waking up then it takes me a good couple of weeks to get it out of my system, therefore 7am becomes your lay in!.

On a plus side NSC is nice and quiet then, normally just me and Gwylan to contend with.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
When I'm back over summer and christmas from uni, i get up at 5am most days for a 5.30am start in a newsagents. Its my nans and is a nice lil earner for me when I'm around :thumbsup:. I always try to be asleep by 11, though, otherwise I don't really feel like I've slept the next morning! Summer mornings aren't too bad though as it's light :). Enjoy!

Get up at 6.00am - go swimming at 6.30am - Drive to work at 7am - Arrive at work 8.00am - Leave work at 6.00pm - Get home at 7.00pm:whisky:

Go swimming at 0630 and drive to work at 0700, EH? do you just do one length and get out then? or have your own swimming pool?

Aldridge Prior

Aug 3, 2010
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3633091 said:
Get the wanking etc all out of the way by 10, nowt more frustrating then laying there all night with a throbbing stonker.
I had 75 wanks last night.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
at work for 6am sometimes even earlier, in bed by 10pm, getting up in winter is the hardest

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have to start early most days. This morning 4:15am, tomorrow 2:15am.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Two weeks of the year I have to set alarm for 4am, so I have enough time to get my work done before play starts. This is one of those weeks, back home by 12.00. Body clock normally gives up om me by 3pm, so I have a couples of hours kip, before going in again for two hrs at 8pm. If its not a perm shift change, you will be fuc**d by mid afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports