Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Early Doors

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nighty night is funny if a little bit weird. The main character from the episodes I've seen seems to be the woman from Gavin & Stacey that's always rowing with her husband.

Yeah, Julia Davies I think she is called . It's well worth the watch. It got rally good reviews and is coming back for a third series next year.

As an aside on Early Doors in series one, which I watched again on Saturday there is a scene, I cannot recall excatly what was being said but it ended with one of them saying "Bloody BBC, they're a rip off. The only one at the BBC who can sleep at night must be Jimmy Saville".

If we'd known then eh!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Marion and Geoff is another BBC series that was excellent, and didnt really get a great deal of attention at the time.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Another good thing about Nighty Night was that 'our' Ralph Brown was in it. I liked 'Outlaws' with Phil Daniels about a cheap law firm from about 2004/5, only lasted 1 series.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Marion and Geoff is another BBC series that was excellent, and didnt really get a great deal of attention at the time.

Actually that reminds me of another Rob Brydon show that was criminally overlooked and seems to have completely disappeared without trace: Annually Retentive. A genuinely clever pisstake of the comedy panel show format that is still being done to death by all the channels, it was actually done really well with both the on camera and behind the scenes stuff. Not sure why that seems to have vanished but I've certainly never seen it repeated or picked up by another channel.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Early Doors is my favourite british comedy series ever. Beautifully written, set and chock full of one liners. Excellent acting too. A British Cheers. The opening of the very first episode set the tone. Ken setting the pub up to open while singing the Greates Love of All and just at the moment he gets to the line about not taking away his dignity, plunging the toilet brush down the khazi.The capital of Chile is definitely Con Carne as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here