Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ear wax. Will your local surgery syringe your lug-holes?

I can honestly say, I never realised until this moment that excess earwax was such a common issue. Who knew?

I do believe that as gentlemen reach a certain age, your brains switch the Ear-And-Nose-Hair-Growth button to Fast. Are you all quite sure the problem is wax, and not simply a case of hairy ears muffling your auditory functionality?

You've hit on the problem - it's the hair, dead skin et al wrapping round and congealing on the wax to create a substance harder than rock to get out on some occasions. All quite undignified

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I can honestly say, I never realised until this moment that excess earwax was such a common issue. Who knew?

Given the proliferation of this problem amongst NSC'ers including mysefl probably wise to now term that rather ecstatic feeling of relief and welcome return to land of sound when wax is dislodged following treatment as the Albion Roar. :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Try olive oil ...pour a small amount into the affected ear, " cap" it with some cotton wool and tip your head over so it sloshes about on your ear for about 2 minutes. Then leave it in there for about 5 more minutes and then, rinse out the ear. You should find it will release a host of the sticky mush in the.

It is quite alarming, but you wil be amazed at the amount of horribleness that is released.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If all the earwax in England and Wales was collected up and deposited in Trafalgar Square, then it would have a significant impact on tourism in the immediate and surrounding area.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Given the proliferation of this problem amongst NSC'ers including mysefl probably wise to now term that rather ecstatic feeling of relief and welcome return to land of sound when wax is dislodged following treatment as the Albion Roar. :)

Presumably the Albion Muffled Groan for many of you.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You've hit on the problem - it's the hair, dead skin et al wrapping round and congealing on the wax to create a substance harder than rock to get out on some occasions. All quite undignified

Well didn't I pick the ideal moment to eat macaroni cheese for lunch.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
try hopi ear candles. Get them from Holland and barretts. Not the best solution but they can pull quite a bit of gunk out of your lug hole.

These have been proven to be a total and utter waste of time. you do get a waxy deposit in the end, but that's from the blooming candle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here