Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ear wax. Will your local surgery syringe your lug-holes?

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
I get bad ears quite regularly. Olive oil just doesn't break it down anymore. I did it for a week, went to have my ears done and got sent home as it still wouldn't come out. Started using sodium bicarbonate ear drops. Couple of quid over the counter. I've found it breaks it down a lot better for when it comes to syringing. Might not be for everyone but would recommend trying it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Went to Gp, booked an appointment with the Practice Nurse and hey presto - job done.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
My 95 year old mother has just been told that she has got to wait 20 weeks to have a deep clean at Worthing Hospital.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Suit_metal_hanger_LMD315.JPG

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
try hopi ear candles. Get them from Holland and barretts. Not the best solution but they can pull quite a bit of gunk out of your lug hole.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Bloody hell, I'm in the wrong profession. Must get the domain earwax2go.com and offer a home visit service.

Fits in with my enima business nicely.

Ha ha, it is a bit pricey but after 35 years of having to go through the oiling/syringing/cotton wool in ears every 18 months or so, for me anyway, it is so worth it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I go and see the Nurse in the local NHS GP practice and get this done about once a year. No problem at all booking an appointment.
(they ask you to put drops in your ear before the appointment)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't you just LOVE that little popping sound in your head when the eardrops starts breaking down the wax ?
Few things in life more satisfying.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can honestly say, I never realised until this moment that excess earwax was such a common issue. Who knew?

I do believe that as gentlemen reach a certain age, your brains switch the Ear-And-Nose-Hair-Growth button to Fast. Are you all quite sure the problem is wax, and not simply a case of hairy ears muffling your auditory functionality?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I do believe that as gentlemen reach a certain age, your brains switch the Ear-And-Nose-Hair-Growth button to Fast. Are you all quite sure the problem is wax, and not simply a case of hairy ears muffling your auditory functionality?

Hair, dead skin, excessive WAX - all that ends up in a big, fun, messy mélange in there. It's a BEAUTIFUL thing.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I can honestly say, I never realised until this moment that excess earwax was such a common issue. Who knew?

Mine is definitely earwax

earwax.jpg

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
My right ear is blocked so using ceramol to soften the wax. Left is getting full to, so will need an appointment with the practice nurse for syringing.

Clear ears are great, but not so good when there are road/building works outside the surgery. One blast of drilling... Ouch

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Actually, it's the hair that stops the wax coming out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here