Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E3 2012 Thread

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Had a look down and didn't see any other E3 related threads (and search wont allow me to search for 'E3' since it's considered to be too short) so hopefully I'm not reposting something already discussed..?

Day One yesterday, and a bit of a disappointing showing from Microsoft - whose main announcement seemed to be the fact that Usher had personally choreographed 2 songs in the new dancing kinect game. Big wow.

However, most exciting announcement was the previously unheard of Watch Dogs (PS3, XBOX & PC). Looks incredible, but hard to tell from the footage how much of this is scripted and how much is open-ended to deal with as you want..

Also the new Tomb Raider prequel is very gritty and seems to be using a great physics engine - all seems very smooth and flowing.

And finally the other exciting prospect is the new Assassins Creed III, which showed off some gameplay footage yesterday. Impressed with how easy it is to move through the trees.

Anyone excited by anything else? Before seeing Watch Dogs, which had me grinning like a fool throughout the gameplay footage, the other game that I'm excited about is the proper remake of X-Com: Enemy Unknown. Hoping to see a bit more on that soon.....

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It'll be interesting how Forza Horizon pans out. I loved Test Drive Unlimited but there seemed little point to it so hopefully FH changes that. Could change how racing games are played going forward if Playground Games pull it off.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I've just seen this video of The Last of Us which also looks pretty awesome. Very realistic voice acting and fight sequences - again, hard to tell how scripted or linear it is. Definitely another one to watch. Shame (for me) that it's a PS3 exclusive title...

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
[yt]U08QNPk0ZNE[/yt]

Star Wars 1313 looks stunning

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Watch Dogs looks amazing. Gave me chills with how realistic it looks, last game to make me this interested was LA Noire

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Wow, very impressed with Watch Dogs.
As the OP states, hard to tell how scripted it's all going to be (ala LA Noire) but that looks epic.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, Tomb Raider, Last of Us, Splinter Cell and Halo 4 been the most impressive so far. Watch Dogs definately the stand-out, Ubisoft had an excellent conference.

Currently being bored by Nintendo, so far Pikmin 3, Mario Bros u. Arkham City and Mass Effect 3, but seriously who has wanted them and not player them by now, are they expecting people to buy them again? Typical Nintendo.

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
Watch dogs does look cool, a slight heavy rain feel to it also.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Very underwhelmed by the Nintendo presentation - the Wii U looks to be a waste of money. Some occasionally nice touches in ZombieU and Batman, but not worth buying the new hardware and the game for. They did well (and still the most popular console amongst the 3 in terms of sales), but I can't seem them really competing with the Next-Gen. The games are just too cutesy and dull to really be worth considering.

Wii U info - Nintendo Wii U - GamePad Hardware Trailer - E32012 - IGN Video

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Here's some Gameplay footage of ZombieU on the Wii U - which best shows how the new piece of hardware is used within compatible games..

Like I said above, I'm not sure it's really enough for most Wii gamers to consider the extra expense...

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Any thoughts on the use of Kinect's voice support in FIFA 13?

Not sure about all this! You can make subs and change formations on the fly by issuing voice commands, which is OK. But calling for the ball? And the most unusual bit - shouting at the referee if you disagree with a decision?! Just encouraging people to abuse referees! Weird how this lack of discipline in the modern game has now made it into the virtual world...

Dec 29, 2011
Not sure about all this! You can make subs and change formations on the fly by issuing voice commands, which is OK. But calling for the ball? And the most unusual bit - shouting at the referee if you disagree with a decision?! Just encouraging people to abuse referees! Weird how this lack of discipline in the modern game has now made it into the virtual world...

Looks shit. They just have to try and get Kinetic in there somehow to justify people buying it.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Wow Watch Dogs looks amazing!!! Assassin's Creed looked pretty good as well, reminded me a bit of Red Dead and Skyrim, only because of the snow and the hunting mind! Was very disappointed with Revelations though, which will make me think twice about getting it :/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here