Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E-Cigs

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I use a company called "Liberty Flights" as well as Totally Wicked. There are a few places around that sell them. There's a place at Eastbourne in the Enterprise Centre right by the station that sells the Totally Wicked stuff - here's the link http://www.enterprise-centre.org/shop/the-vapour-trail (no I am not related to the guy there but he's very helpful)
I've been off fags since January 25th and I don't intend to go back to smoking. E-cigarettes have definitely helped me to quit
If you look on any website there are a number of starter kits - just choose what seems right for you. Look on the forums and ask questions - people are only too happy to help
The only problem is that it's so much easier to carry a packet of fags and a lighter than it is to cart batteries and liquid about but if you want to quit you'll do it
Feel free to PM me with any questions and good luck

markw

Aug 28, 2009
I wouldn't bother with any of the cheaper ecigs, they are crap with short battery life and poor performance. I have been using these for about 2 and a half years now and recommend this kit Olympian Imist Starter Kit

Battery lasts all day or equivalent to around 60-80 cigarettes, east to fill and cheap to run, will last a year at least.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You could always talk to your GP they will be able to tell you about all your available options. I quit two and half years ago. I had had enough didn't want to be a slave any more, I read a book by Alan Carr called quit smoking the easy way. Didn't believe a word at first but the more I read the more it made sense, by the end of the book I was raring to go wanting to get to the end of the book. At the end I walking away from smoking no stress no worries and I've never looked back. It might not be for everyone but there are a few others on here that have used Alan Carr books to great success. When I think about having quit smoking its makes me smile. Good luck to you.

That book is amazing and exactly the tool i needed to quit. I can't recommend it enough. I smoked for 23 years and simply had enough of it. I didn't want any gimmicks or to continue putting nicotine into my body using Gum/Patches/inhalers etc i wanted just to stop. I read the book(twice now) and haven't looked back.

Get the right mindset and it isn't hard to do.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
You lot are really making me think that I should join your club. I want to quit, and have loads of times without success, obviously!

My health isn't good at the moment, not due to smoking may I add. I am in the process of being tested for Hemochromotosis. A serious disease which is basically caused by too much iron in my blood. It's a genetic illness that can eventually cause cirrhosis of the liver in a similar way that alcohol does!

I am now in an appreciative state of mind that I need to do everything in my power to stop smoking. I just don't know how or where to start or how to finally succeed in achieving this? I have stopped drinking alcohol completely and am watching my diet carefully. This complete change in my lifestyle is challenging enough without adding any more stress to it!

I thought about starting a thread on this subject but I really don't want it to be a "look at me thread".. I am fairly at my wits end health wise but I appreciate that many people are far worse off than me. Just want some genuine advice from my NSC family please.

Any advice please guys n gals?

We'll do it together Bruv, encourage each other like.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I quit smoking in February and shortly after that I tried the 'Green Smoke' e-cigarette. After using that for a couple of weeks I came down with lung 'problem' which lasted for 3 months. The doctors diagnosed me with bronchitis, then a chest infection, then finally asthma. Coincidence? I don't know, but I haven't touched either the e-cig or real cigarettes since.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I use a company called "Liberty Flights" as well as Totally Wicked. There are a few places around that sell them. There's a place at Eastbourne in the Enterprise Centre right by the station that sells the Totally Wicked stuff - here's the link http://www.enterprise-centre.org/shop/the-vapour-trail (no I am not related to the guy there but he's very helpful)
I've been off fags since January 25th and I don't intend to go back to smoking. E-cigarettes have definitely helped me to quit
If you look on any website there are a number of starter kits - just choose what seems right for you. Look on the forums and ask questions - people are only too happy to help
The only problem is that it's so much easier to carry a packet of fags and a lighter than it is to cart batteries and liquid about but if you want to quit you'll do it
Feel free to PM me with any questions and good luck

The mrs has got one of those totally wicked ones, but it feels weird to hold (plus she uses the menthol puff stuff), and I'm a bit bemused by their pricing strategy

D

Deleted member 22389

That book is amazing and exactly the tool i needed to quit. I can't recommend it enough. I smoked for 23 years and simply had enough of it. I didn't want any gimmicks or to continue putting nicotine into my body using Gum/Patches/inhalers etc i wanted just to stop. I read the book(twice now) and haven't looked back.

Get the right mindset and it isn't hard to do.

Exactly that, mindset. Nicotine is a terrible drug. Its never the right time to quit smoking for me. There is always a reason to have another cigarette. I need to try and do it again because I managed to quit for a whole year. Just reading these messages is helping me think about it again. I am honestly getting fed up with my wife nagging me about it, and the hassle of everywhere I go making sure I have my smoking kit.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
[MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION]

I did go down the 'look at me' thread road :lol: - Quitting Smoking Thread

Some good suggestions on there. Personally I've just done my first 24 hours without a cigarette, hasn't been too bad. I've been taking Champix, which you can get at the cost of a prescription, which definitely helped as I was spending a fortune on patches/NRT treatment last time. It's only been a week with the tablets and a day without a cigarette, which is far from out of the woods, but so far so good.

After 25 years of smoking 30 a day i finally gave up with the aid of Champix. Had tried everything else & failed everytime but these were a brilliant & after 2 & a half years haven't looked back. Also had some amazing mind bending dreams whilst on these :mad:

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Strange this thread started yesterday, the day I buy my first proper e-cig. I've smoked on and off for 10 years, quit for 6 months and then again for one year and recently with the help of the e-cig you can get in newsagents e-lites quit for a month. But they didn't feel real enough and after a couple of nights out drinking with the mates (most of which smoke) I have started again. I really dislike smoking, hate not being able to play footy for any more than 5 minutes without coughing my lungs up and feeling shitty and phlegmy on a morning, hiding it from family etc and I've also got pretty bad asthma. But then again when it's such a habit and in your routine it's hard to stop.

One of my mates has been vaping for over a year and for my birthday he kindly gave me some cash to buy a proper e-cig. He recommends healthcabin.net for supplies but as they ship from china it takes ages for delivery. He says anything from Joyetech are good but don't get one of the replicas that many UK sites sell.
I found a site vapourtopia.co.uk that sold the kit I wanted, free delivery and got 15% off which made the kit very cheap (~£30). I haven't recieved it yet so can't recommend just yet but seems pretty good.

Has anyone used one at the amex yet in the stands? I saw someone in a queue using one but just wondered what stewards/people around you would think if you started vaping in the stands. I would probably go to bar area to do it anyway, but just curoius.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
I use the E-lites ecig, been brilliant not had propert one for 6 weeks, and to be honest not even fancied one. Would highly recommend to anyone.

For my first post on NSC (long time reader!) I would echo the above and fully recommend E-Lites. Also, you get 20% cashback if you click through on Quidco!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funny this thread as (with some inspiration from [MENTION=21347]JamesAndTheGiantHead[/MENTION] s thread) I've gone 5 days without a cig. I had an operation on my nose last Fri and had my last cig Fri morning. I have been using the 'e-lite' - was expensive at about £50 with loads of refills - but very good. Don't use it anywhere near as much as you would normally smoke as well. I've been wanting to give up for a while and have been smoking for about 8 yrs, not majorly heavily - maybe 10 a day. I'm really hoping I can keep off them and the e-cig seems to be doing the trick at the mo. Here's hoping...

Has anyone used an e-lite as well as another form of e-cig? My only e-Lite complaint is the weight of it (heavy) but wanted to know if anyone feels there are any better models out there?

Thanks - Good support all these posts btw...

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Cheers guys.. I have decided that I will quit smoking on Sunday 1st July, it seems as good a day as any other lol... My mind is set, I just need to decide which route to take. Cold turkey or buy an E cig? still not sure which one yet but I am researching and I WILL succeed this time!!! My change of lifestyle and a major contribution and support on here will help I'm sure.

I was standing by my coach in London today (having a smoke), watching a group of office workers huddled together in the rain puffing away like mad, and I thought what the hell are we all doing FFS? We really are mugs! That was the final straw for me.

Keep the advice and support coming for all the people giving up and well done to all that are succeeding with quitting.

Just one more question (maybe a stupid ask)... I only smoke roll ups. Is there an e- cig especially for this or are they all based on tailor mades? Does it matter?

Thanks again.
Muzzy

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Muzzy - i'm roll-ups and have found the e-cig great - don't think it matters that much. Best to go to a shop and try a few i'd say...

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Muzzy - i'm roll-ups and have found the e-cig great - don't think it matters that much. Best to go to a shop and try a few i'd say...

Ok mate, cheers. I will do that.. Wasn't aware that you could try them out 1st.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ok mate, cheers. I will do that.. Wasn't aware that you could try them out 1st.

im assuming you can mate so check first!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
[MENTION=18309]Muzzy[/MENTION], f*** going cold turkey! I've just gone 48 hours without a cigarette and I'm finding today worse than yesterday, mainly because it was my first day back at work. Regarding the E-Cigs and quitting, I'm not sure they would be enough of a fix during the first few days of abstinence. If you don't fancy the tablets, those little inhalers you get give you a pretty good dose of the good stuff. I think the E-Cigs are more for once you've kicked the habit and still want to have an occasional (harmless) drag when down the pub.

If you can quit cold turkey then you have my unbridled respect, I would find that hell.

Smeagull

Mar 20, 2012
Yeah going cold turkey's tough. If your really comitted to giving up it's do-able but I found that gum really took the edge off cravings. But for me cold turkey would usually involve me thinking about a cig most of the day but then getting to the evening and having a sneaky one and saying to myself oh well I went half a day so I'm sure I can go a full day tomorrow.

My e-cig's coming either today or tomorrow so I'm aiming to get off the old 'analogs' by the end of the weekend.

My experience with e-lites's:
When I first got one I thought it wasn't bad and could definately use it to get off cigs which I did for a month. But I found that they were only really strong enough for one day and then they became too weak. The throat hit and amount of vapour didn't compare to a cigarette. I also found them more expensive. I smoke about 15 roll-ups a day (about £10) a week but I was spending about £15 a week on e-lite cartidges. (Although apparently it is possible to refill these with e-juice).

Good luck to everyone who is switching to e-cigs or giving up completely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here