Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dyche still after Stephens

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think Dale will become a Burnley player, it's just a case of when.

I think it's common knowledge his family and himself want a move back up North and if I'm honest I think his mind has already been made up, whilst you can't knock his attitude and performances since his move was denied, I get the distinct impression he wasn't at all happy about the decision and will therefore leave for free in the summer.

My understanding is the contract offer has been on the table for quite a while and the club and Dale are no closer to a new deal being signed.

Very difficult one, you feel Dale holds the cards rather than us, that said we hold the cards until the end of the season and having to find a replacement will be a nice problem should we be playing in the promised land next season.

PS - A massive part of me want Burnley to struggle and be firmly in the bottom 3 as that swings the balance of power back towards ourselves.

Agree with this I think Dale will be gone Premier League or no but thankfully it seems that he will give his all for the remainder of his contract.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
from what i can gather it wasn't that we just didn't want to sell him in the summer, but that the tossers from burnley wanted to pay a fiver up front and then £6,999,995 on condition that Burnley won the champions league and stephens scored a hatrick in the final, thus not allowing us to spend any money on a replacement.

on that basis alone i say we tell to feck off again

Ah but their note was an AA 0001..you could have flogged it on eBAY for loadsa money.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From Stephen's perspective (and his agent), waiting till the summer is probably a better bet financially - can go in a free if we don't offer what he wants, and get a massive sign-on fee. Only gamble for him really is a big injury between now and then.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dyche doesn't want Stephens, he just wants to unsettle him. In terms of the money we'd get up front their offer was derisory - then he moved straight on the Derby lad when we told him to do one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think Dale will become a Burnley player, it's just a case of when.

I think it's common knowledge his family and himself want a move back up North and if I'm honest I think his mind has already been made up,.

Where does this come from? It was widely reported in the summer that his wife didnt want to move as his child was due to start school. His family may hold the sway plus our team spirit and a sizeable pay rise could decide it.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You can't fault Stephens for his suck it up and knuckle down attitude since Burnley's interest. That said, Burnley are more than holding their own in the PL, and he must look out for their results and think about what might have been. Tricky one, but if he's as bought into our 'as one team spirit' as he seems to be and we keep going the way we are then....well...
Teams going up often do quite well in the first part of the season. It's when other teams suss them out that the points start drying up. I think Burnley will end up somewhere in the bottom five, hopefully 18th, 19th or 20th.

Jan 10, 2014
We're obsessed with Burnley's manager are we? And presumably you just happened to come across this thread quite randomly this morning then?

Yes just call me Mr Random.

I did try the Tranmere forum first for this story but they had nothing about it. I then tried Arsenal's forum but they too had nothing on it.

It then dawned on me, why not try the Brighton forum for the story of a Brighton player possibly moving to Burnley.

I do feel a bit silly now for starting a thread on the Arsenal board titled...... Why aren't you talking about Dale Stephens to Burnley you cockerney swines?

Jan 10, 2014
There is no direct quote from Dyche in that article. It smacks of filling column inches on Burnley.

It may be. However the journo (Alan Nixon) who has done the story is very much in with football agents and has a track record for getting a lot right.

Although he doesn't get everything correct.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I did try the Tranmere forum first for this story but they had nothing about it. I then tried Arsenal's forum but they too had nothing on it.

It then dawned on me, why not try the Brighton forum for the story of a Brighton player possibly moving to Burnley.

I do feel a bit silly now for starting a thread on the Arsenal board titled...... Why aren't you talking about Dale Stephens to Burnley you cockerney swines?

Right. So even though you know there's nothing in the story (by your own admission) you thought "hey ho I wonder what Brighton fans are saying about this". So you go to the forum of a team that you say are obsessed with Burnley, a forum you're registered on and you make your 338th post to tell us that Brighton fans are obsessed. Gotcha.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

It's because you knew that BHA/Palace is 10x the derby Burnley/Blackburn could ever be and you wanted to vicariously ride the wave of our collective euphoria about yesterday's result (or similar). :)

Jan 10, 2014
Right. So even though you know there's nothing in the story (by your own admission) you thought "hey ho I wonder what Brighton fans are saying about this". So you go to the forum of a team that you say are obsessed with Burnley,

Please point me to the posts where I've said 'there's nothing in it' and that you're 'obsessed with Burnley'.

You're making things up now.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Please point me to the posts where I've said 'there's nothing in it' and that you're 'obsessed with Burnley'.

You're making things up now.

Sadly that is a trait long-manifested on here. Just be thankful that Blackburn fans aren't like Albion's about their hate-club. Basically Burnley, after last season, are Albion's "Hate Club"(North-West section).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here