Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche sacked!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Nope I expect them to be cynical bullies, they were no different in the Championship with parachute payments. Would you like him at Spurs?

I would have taken him over Nuno and I’m pretty sure he would do well at Everton.

They scored the most goals the season they got promoted

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In other news, Burnley’s relegation has now been confirmed.

Managers and coaches only contribute about 5% towards results - unless they're Sean Dyche?

They are mental to sack him right now and the general agreement on the thread that they are now done seems to suggest that some coaches are more influential than others :shrug:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Some on their message board seem to think their u23 coach will step in for the next game, which suggests they currently have nobody lined up to permanently take over. All very odd timing.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Dozy decision, that is them down for several years. Hated their way of playing under Him but they cut their cloth and it worked...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
02YXiE4R_400x400.jpg
Oh dear how sad never mind.....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
With how dodgy their new owners seem, I can’t. L1 beckons in a couple of years.

From everything I've heard, they don't really understand the club or the league. An American Venky's.

Of course, it may be that Dyche was holding Burnley back all these years and that now they'll storm the rest of their fixtures playing open, expansive football. But I doubt it. Personally I think the absence of Ben Mee - another excellent defend-first centre back ignored by Gareth Southgate - has been more of a factor in their recent struggles than anything Dyche has done or not done.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps there were some differences/arguments going on behind the scenes about this summer's transfer budget? Dyche likely to resign if he didn't get £X million, the board reckoning they were going down anyway, so decided to go for a new man ASAP to have a full pre-season?

Just a wild guess, of course.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Managers and coaches only contribute about 5% towards results - unless they're Sean Dyche?

They are mental to sack him right now and the general agreement on the thread that they are now done seems to suggest that some coaches are more influential than others :shrug:

Sounds like you've been listening to a certain podcast!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Personally, I think the starting point is 5% but you can add a percentage or two for each season they have been in charge. Are Burnley an anomaly?
They have bottom 3 budget and should, in theory, be a yo-yo club at best but their size fits the lower championship or league one.

For me, Dyche is the anomaly. Whilst they played us off the pitch this season (the only time in the Amex period they’ve done this), they normally get by on the dullest most cyclical anti-football you can imagine. That had stopped working to they tried something very different against us.

Dyche will never get a top six club by the way, top six fans would never stomach that level of shite football. Maybe Everton will get him when they chuck out Frank this spring/summer?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Do we know of any big, gruff managers who live in the north and who have traded on a reputation of rescuing failing clubs?

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
As a Claret I'm not suprised. For those who consider this as the nail in the coffin, well we were already down. This is presumably about prepping for next season in the Championship and perhaps writing off the payoff in the current season.

He's been a great manager for us but for the past 18 months we've been poor. Overachieving? Yes but we've been truly awful as well in some games where we had the chance to get points (e.g. Norwich).

I am speculating obviously but I think his inability to change up tactics or similar came to haunt him. It has seemed as if the tune he used to get out of players was no longer there.

As for him getting us out of the Chsmpiobship, that's not a given. The division has changed since we were last in it. Being relegated isn't the end of anything. Disappointing but with the resources available it is no suprise. Hoping we give the chance to an up and coming manager who will shake things up.

el punal

On his way to Watford again, must be time for another change surely?

I am quite shocked by this though, seems a bit mad to me

Mad it certainly is. Why on earth would you want to sack your manager with only 7/8 games of the season to go. The incoming appointment will have absolutely no time to resolve any issues. The ridiculous thing in this situation is that Burnley are within touching distance of Everton. A win for the former and a defeat for the latter would certainly have made Burnley’s survival hopes do-able - and the perfect choice for that would be . . . Sean Dyche. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here