Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dyche on way out?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great credit to club. One of few British owned with all directors local or local based. But with net spend on transfers so low where does money go

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really bad news for Burnley, he’s done a miraculous job there, I can see them struggling without him.

Fingers crossed.

Another club we usually struggle against in terms of results rather than performances. They are safe this season, but it’d be lovely to have them as whipping boys for next season under new management.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Twitter is in meltdown from Burnley fans at the prospect of them choosing Mark Hughes to replace Dyche.

One name I've seen mentioned is Joey Barton who's got Fleetwood into the League One play-offs.
If that should happen I reckon Burnley could well rise above our Croydon neighbours as my most disliked team.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Twitter is in meltdown from Burnley fans at the prospect of them choosing Mark Hughes to replace Dyche.

One name I've seen mentioned is Joey Barton who's got Fleetwood into the League One play-offs.
If that should happen I reckon Burnley could well rise above our Croydon neighbours as my most disliked team.

Mods....section this man and section him now!

TNBA

TTF

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

He'd fit in with the ethos of the club - he's still facing a charge of assault/ABH

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
5Live mentioned he was making a point to his board by only naming seven (of nine possible) substitutes the other day.

I was happily reading this thread and then you mentioned 7 of 9 and now all I can think about is Jeri Ryan.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
West Ham would be delicious. The West Ham Way = kicking chunks out of people and lumping to target men. That would conflict them a bit.

Indeed, the complete antipathy of Ron Greenwood's Ammers sides of the sixties and early seventies, passing teams who would always try and play football on the deck, and included such talented names as Bobby Moore, Martin Peters, Geoff Hurst, Jimmy Greaves et al.

How times change.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
5Live mentioned he was making a point to his board by only naming seven (of nine possible) substitutes the other day.

I read an interview with him, can’t remember where, in which he suggested that the board pull their fingers out. Clearly pissed off

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Sean Dyche 26/7/20 at 14.53:
"I've decided to part ways with Burnley, this is our last game of the season and will be my last game after 10 glorious years at Turf Moor. I'd ask you all to make one last big effort for me today and our fantastic fans and finish our time together with another win. I f***ing hate Brighton."

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I was happily reading this thread and then you mentioned 7 of 9 and now all I can think about is Jeri Ryan.

She's still every bit as hot in the new Picard series.

So its a yes from me.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can we sign Barnes as a replacement for Murray ?

Doesn't sound great up there though - some of those contract talks started in October and have not been resolved and they've ended up only keeping 1 of them and releasing the rest. Not much money this summer either. But of course they are (or were) profitable[/QUOTE]

What I never understood about Burnley was, given the substantial levels of income for Premiershit clubs (£120m +) and Burnley's parsimonious approach to players wages, their decrepit stadium on which they have spent zero funds recently and the relatively low cost of living generally in the locality.......is, where does all the dosh go every year???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Could well be another Smug Eddie though. Right club at the right time. Burnley had low expectations so are happy with a lofty position at the expense of attractive football. Might struggle to find another club willing to say the same though. He has done a fantastic job in probably the only way he could with the available resources. Can that be adapted to another club though?

Could be right or could he adapt his style of football to a very different budget, because playing good football on a small budget takes a miracle of Potteresque proportions :wink:

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I wonder what they're spending all their money on? Not exactly making marquee signings every summer, no new stadium to be paying off and they don't have a load of ridiculously high earners (I assume).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They redeveloped all their training ground fairly recently didn't they? And obviously they still pay big wages I assume - just not regularly the £15M-£20M most other clubs seem to spend

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Can we sign Barnes as a replacement for Murray ?

Doesn't sound great up there though - some of those contract talks started in October and have not been resolved and they've ended up only keeping 1 of them and releasing the rest. Not much money this summer either. But of course they are (or were) profitable[/QUOTE]

What I never understood about Burnley was, given the substantial levels of income for Premiershit clubs (£120m +) and Burnley's parsimonious approach to players wages, their decrepit stadium on which they have spent zero funds recently and the relatively low cost of living generally in the locality.......is, where does all the dosh go every year???

Oops, I just said pretty much the same thing. Can only assume the owner is taking juicy dividends every year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here