Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dutch cabinet approves partial ban on Islamic veil in public areas

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
If,IF, the burqa is forced on these women. And it's a big IF, imagine how they must feel about this debate. Forced to wear something they don't want to and vilified by the public for doing so. If that is the case they deserve our empathy not our scorn.

i dont think it is personally.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Got me, be nice to see some flair this season, bit of orange or a careless smattering of diamante perhaps. Something FABULOUS!

A multi coloured one, like a Rainbow

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So people who wear veils are trying to undermine and dismantle the state? You have gone from it being a banned because it is not part of British culture to claiming that people who wear face coverings are trying to overthrow the government. I think you are paranoid.

Lots of groups have their own schools.... Rich people, catholics, people with disabilities, deaf people. Lots of groups have their own churches. Lots of groups have dietary requirements. Your suggestion seems to be that Muslims get more state cash for their schools, places of worship and dietary requirements than others. Do you have any figures for this because i simply don't believe it is true.

Non dom ex pat preaching to those still living in the motherland. Do you import flora and fauna to Australia when you travel, or do you live by their rules?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Non dom ex pat preaching to those still living in the motherland. Do you import flora and fauna to Australia when you travel, or do you live by their rules?

Also the Aussies really do not take much shit from these preachers in their own land

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I genuinely don't know mate. I'd be surprised if it were banned here anytime soon. So I suppose in the meantime we should try and be a bit patient with those wearing such clothing.

Piece of paper for you Nibble?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All joking aside I think the Burqa has to be black as dictated from the Mensfolk and if they wore a coloured one that would probably be reason for a stoning or something in their homeland. The whole thing about some parts of Islam is that it seems so black, angry, seething, miserable. It comes across as a life of utter misery, that is no doubt the point, the sacrifice to their God. Not for me

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
t'would appear that his grip on the reality of living in The Motherland is all askew....perhaps he's a youngling or something.....i struggle to relate to his liberal tendencies , specially as he lives in Geelong ffs....that's more bumfurk than where i live ....and that's sayin' summert.!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All joking aside I think the Burqa has to be black as dictated from the Mensfolk and if they wore a coloured one that would probably be reason for a stoning or something in their homeland. The whole thing about some parts of Islam is that it seems so black, angry, seething, miserable. It comes across as a life of utter misery, that is no doubt the point, the sacrifice to their God. Not for me

I disagree with all religion but Islam does seem to be particularly strict and dour.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Also the Aussies really do not take much shit from these preachers in their own land

it hasn't really started here yet mate.......the sydney " riots" were blown out of all proportion although there are areas of sw sydney you would think thrice about travelling through if you were a "skippy" as the the aussies are called by immigrant stock....the ingrained religious hatred is still in its infancy here.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well it's all human make believe, as are most things. We share 99% of our DNA with chimps yet you'd be hard pushed to get them to part with a banana on the promise that when he dies he'll go to chimp heaven for giving up his piece of fruit.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well it's all human make believe, as are most things. We share 99% of our DNA with chimps yet you'd be hard pushed to get them to part with a banana on the promise that when he dies he'll go to chimp heaven for giving up his piece of fruit.
never mind blowing himself to kingdom come along with a few lemurs and some baboons to get himself into chimp heaven which sounds remarkably like a kiddyfiddling free for all...???:shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Interesting post, especially give that this thread is about The Netherlands and that wearing a face covering is not against the rules in Britain or Australia.

Do I live by the rules of Australia? Most of them but there are a few that I break. What about you? Do you break any in the UK?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Have you actually bothered to count how many there are on here taking that line? Its one of the biggest piss-takes i think ive seen on social media.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Interesting post, especially give that this thread is about The Netherlands and that wearing a face covering is not against the rules in Britain or Australia.

Do I live by the rules of Australia? Most of them but there are a few that I break. What about you? Do you break any in the UK?

Yes I am known to infringe the speed limit on occasion. But I was born here, come from stock that can be dated back nearly 1,000 years, I haven't just rocked up and started trying to change things.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes I am known to infringe the speed limit on occasion. But I was born here, come from stock that can be dated back nearly 1,000 years, I haven't just rocked up and started trying to change things.

But you do want to change this particular rule?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here