Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunky Injured?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Wow, what a trustworthy sauce. They’re never wrong.

With every passing day I understand more and more why blokes in West Africa spend all day trying to convince people that they’ve won £400,000,000 from a dead Prince.

Dunk might not play but f*ck me it would be nice if people could do 20 seconds of researching before posting absolute bollocks on here as facts.

Seems an entirely reliable source.
They got some of them right.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seems an entirely reliable source.
They got some of them right.
I'm friends with a chief reporter for the Times who for years worked in New York. One evening he and other reporters were having a beer when they decided to set up one of the newbies with a "scoop". They concocted this huge political story. Suitably armed with the info the newbie wrote an exclusive article. Within 24 hours this was being reported Worldwide on all news channels. It was complete rubbish.

If you have got an audience you can tell them anything.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Igor Julio went all the way to a European final last year.

OK it was the pissy little non trophy which West Ham won, but still it's decent grounding for his first start in our colours

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surely someone could ask that agent-botherer who boasts that he spends nearly all day on his phone. He's so well connected (apparently) that one call would be all it would take.

He's probably got a bit of spare time now he's not incessantly pushing transfer news...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm friends with a chief reporter for the Times who for years worked in New York. One evening he and other reporters were having a beer when they decided to set up one of the newbies with a "scoop". They concocted this huge political story. Suitably armed with the info the newbie wrote an exclusive article. Within 24 hours this was being reported Worldwide on all news channels. It was complete rubbish.

T
I have been told by a very reliable source that the Beckham hanging’ from a lamppost after the 98 World Cup was completely set up by a Sun Journo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Surely someone could ask that agent-botherer who boasts that he spends nearly all day on his phone. He's so well connected (apparently) that one call would be all it would take.

He's probably got a bit of spare time now he's not incessantly pushing transfer news...
No, he's incessantly posting nonsense about contracts that no one would know, in a desperate attempt to stay relevant with his big fans in Lagos and Manilla.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
RDZ said no fresh injuries yesterday. He’s usually very open with things like this. Someone has likely seen the training video without dunk and started this rumour, when really he could have been missing from the video for any number of reasons. Off for a massage, doing some media work, in the gym… Guess we’ll find out at 7pm.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Back in the early eighties one of the lads on my squadron was on detachment in Stornaway and caused a bit of a stir. The locals were forever trying to find out what we were doing on the island (flying special forces around, but we sat in the pub). Pissed off with the continual questions he informed the pub that we were investigating suitability of the island for dumping nuclear and expired chemical weapons. Within 24 hours, signals flying all over the shop, questions at admiralty and a general shitstorm. If people want to believe something then they will.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Or we've been worried about Dunk's niggling injury ever since the end of last season but playing him anyway, making it an existing rather than a new worry, just one that's got more worrying since Saturday.

That would be really stretching the ordinary meaning of the phrase, though.

If Dunk had been playing with any niggling injuries carried over from the end of last season and the club had any concerns about his fitness there is no way he’d have been on international duty.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lewis "struggling with an unspecified injury" and remains a "doubt" says Naylor.
Doesn't actually confirm he's out - so i'm guessing its a late fitness test / something minor but there's little to go on here.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
At least it sounds minor, am sure we will be okay tonight. Maybe gross plays right back with veltman and van hecke in the middle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here